• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Everything makes us fat - apparently.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
http://blogs.news.com.au/news/news/index.php/news/comments/everything_makes_you_fat/

Everything makes you fat.

This would seem the inevitable conclusion coming out of the international conference on obesity being held in Sydney this week.

McMansions make you fat. Not fidgeting makes you fat.

Cheap food makes the world fat, excepting those who are starving, of course.

Bad playgrounds make kids fat along with TV ads.

And finally scientific confirmation of what many of us have always insisted big bones make you fat (or in my case just big boned).

Weight gain, it appears, is an extremely complex carbohydrate business with no end of mitigating factors.

I also have long cherished theories about what makes me and possibly you fat. It could be aliens aiming a big fat ray at the earth to make us too roly-poly to resist invasion. Alternatively physicists are bound to soon discover free floating fat molecules in the air that bond themselves to unsuspecting humans, such as myself, probably as a result of global warming or something.

I also blame gyms for having too many mirrors, joggers for associating weight loss with 70s headbands and fridges for being too easy to open.
However for a moment let’s humour that lunatic fringe who insist that weight gain essentially and simply comes from eating too much fattening food and exercising too little.

No one to blame but ourselves? That’s not so easy to stomach.

Back