FA/FFA Where Do you Live?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What geographic region do you currently reside in?

• Northeast (US)

• Southeast(US)

• Midwest(US)

• Southwest(US)

• Mountain States(US)

• Pacific States(US)

• Other US Territories

• Outside US

Results are only viewable after voting.

ladle

Back on Top
Hope he didn't move to Old Zealand...he'd have been very disappointed!

Lmao....I had a friend who moved there.

hmmm Akron/Cleveland....

Pros: Decent dining, awesome metal scene, I'm getting a full ride to college here :) , and we have some pretty amazing people here.

Cons: Our sports with the exception of the Cavs fail epically, Jeffrey Dahmer went to my high school and his house is five minutes from mine, lack of fat men :( , and our weather...... its sickening

CCC

I'll be in school for two more years. After that... well, my future isn't decided.

Hanover, NH (school):
Pros:
-quaint village, population 12,000
-good restaurants
-safe environment
Cons:
-nothing to do besides going to the Wal-Mart 10 miles away
-NO big girls at all

Nyack, NY (home):
Pros:
-progressive, liberal town
-easy access to NYC (40 minutes by car)
-great shops and restaurants
Cons:
-uh...no big girls that I can date, anyway, because I'm always at school? no serious cons, really.

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
living in Portland, Oregon...studying for a post-grad certification.

I've been here 8 months and will most likely be here for 6 more? Its crazy how time has flown!

I'm originally from the UK, but don't really know if I shall return, continue to study, or get lucky and find employment here in the US?

Portland Pros: Super-beautiful natural landscapes, advanced attitudes towards environmental preservation and social sustainability, warm friendly city and people, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity can be good)...

Portland Cons: The weather reminds me of home, similar to a European city in many ways (familiarity also makes the adventure less of a new cultural experience)
Yeah. I love living in Portland, as compared with living in western MA. I also simply enjoy it on its own merits. The weather is perfect for me. A lot of what I like is just aimless wandering and it is seldom too bitter out for that but I also like drinking dark beer and watching movies and the cloudy weather suits that well.

In terms of fatty power, I am confused by the statistics. We are supposed to be one of the smaller cities, but I see a fair amount of chub. I mean, we all drink beer and there's tons of vegetarians and vegans who eat tons of carbs, so maybe it is just guts. Which works for me.

Anyway, it can be tough to find an SSBBW friendly date spot at times if you don't want to eat at a chain restaurant. There are tons of great independent movie theaters and restaurants, but they all seem to have ridiculously small seats and accommodations. Small, as in I'm 5'11, 195 and I feel large and awkward. Walking and biking are also super-ingrained in the culture, so the notion that one's lady doesn't want to do those can be looked upon kind of quizzically, but it isn't usually hostile.

JoeFA

Aspiring young genius....
I live in England, Kent specifically, near London more specifically

Positive: It's a nice place to live
Negative: There's fuck all to do here!

Esther

Queen Black Acid
I live in Southern Ontario, a couple hours from Toronto.

1. What are some of the positives of living in your area?
It's a gay-friendly, interracial dating-friendly area. As for fat... I really haven't had much experience one way or the other, so I'd say it seems neutral, which is better than unfriendly. Also, this area is quite friendly toward the recreational use of marijuana :p

2. What are some of the negatives?
High unemployment rate in my particular area, high rate of hard drug use as well.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I live in Ottawa, Canada.

Positives: There is a lot here for a city this size (many museums, some good cultural institutions, decent night life, pro hockey team, but the whole urban area is probably something like 1.25 million people), lots of outdoors stuff near the city, quite multicultural and accepting, decent public schools, quite safe, good bike trail/lane network, the core of the city is quite walkable....the place really is a pretty decent spot to live.

Negatives: Some times you really do remember how small a city it is, in that there is only one or two places that sell something, or major musical acts don't bring their tours here, or there just aren't so many options of things to do so that it seems everyone is doing the same things. Not so many fat folk here compared to many other places, and no size acceptance culture that I'm aware of. Excessively white collar town, limiting opportunities for people who aren't into desk jobs. The only bigger place within day trip distance is Montreal, and even flights to almost anywhere go through Montreal or Toronto, making it a bit harder and more expensive to get away from here.

Dism4l

Skewed Perspective
:eek: Haha wow I feel pretty lonely being the only guy from the mountain states...

Catkin

Cons:
Woah, 12,000 people is a village? I grew up in a town of 14,000...there were villages near me with only a couple of hundred people living there :p

Anyway, I'm in England. Newcastle for now.

Pros: It's not where I grew up, but it's home :) geordies are generally really friendly!
Good (and cheap!) local music scene.
Good (and cheap!) bars / pubs etc...it's such a studenty city!
Really pretty area of the country.

Cons: It takes forever to get back home to see my family. They're way down south.
The wind, oh dear lord the wind! It often comes over from the east...so, Scandinavia. Brr!

CurvaceousBBWLover

Primordial
Catonsville, MD BBW Lover Here!

Pros: The Baltimore metropolitan area has a lot of interesting sports activities and a few interesting museums.

Cons: For a city of its size, Baltimore is a very minor city. There really isn't much to do here and the crime rate is very high.

The BBW scene just doesn't seem to take hold in Baltimore. To find BBW groups, you have to go to the DC area. Even there, the BBW scene is miniscule.

I need to go back and contradict what a previous MD area poster said. Interracial dating does take place in MD, but it is not as widespread as it is in larger states. Baltimore is still socially segregated, but it is possible to meet people of other cultures in the DC metropolitan area.

kittencat

omnomnomnom
Bay Area California!

Bonuses to living here are what msot people consider pretty good weather.There is always something to do here,and San Francisco is pretty Rad in my book.I lived here my whole life so i know alot of people.

negatives-Dating here proves to be more difficult than in all the other places i have lived.Which is alot.And people here are very clicky and stay in their groups.

CCC

Woah, 12,000 people is a village?
Ha ha...
I was born in LA, so yeah!

And there's essentially no interaction between the townies and the students here in Hanover, so the population shrinks down to 4000, from the perspective of most students. We also rarely leave campus (to say, go to the residential area of town).

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Ha ha...
I was born in LA, so yeah!

And there's essentially no interaction between the townies and the students here in Hanover, so the population shrinks down to 4000, from the perspective of most students. We also rarely leave campus (to say, go to the residential area of town).
Sounds like a twilight zone moment and you are reliving that great movie classic Breaking Away.

mrwondercake

This poll brings up a question I've often wondered. Do you think there is a relationship between location / FA attitude? Meaning, do certain parts of the United States foster and cultivate an FA more positively then others?

For example, a location known for it's bigger residents such as Mississippi, an FA would have a far better time being an FA, where as a place known for its lean customers like Colorado, an FA would have a diffacult time explaining his tastes to others.

It seems like pretty simple Math, but I'm curious if this situation is as basic as it sounds. Also, I wonder if anyone has actually made a migration to another state based on FA preferences.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
This poll brings up a question I've often wondered. Do you think there is a relationship between location / FA attitude? Meaning, do certain parts of the United States foster and cultivate an FA more positively then others?

For example, a location known for it's bigger residents such as Mississippi, an FA would have a far better time being an FA, where as a place known for its lean customers like Colorado, an FA would have a diffacult time explaining his tastes to others.

It seems like pretty simple Math, but I'm curious if this situation is as basic as it sounds. Also, I wonder if anyone has actually made a migration to another state based on FA preferences.
I think having more big people around could affect number and attitude of FA in a number of ways. Maybe more people would realize they preferred bigger partners....or maybe less would, because they think they just happened to fall in love with someone who happened to be big.....or maybe they think it is normal enough that they never really pay attention to it.

Certainly when you consider it, something like coming online to look for a community supporting big people is a kind of odd thing to do, and maybe most likely to happen in places where big people are either most rare or most shunned.

In short, while there could be a link, I doubt it is a totally simple one.

Latest posts