Fashion Police

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
so I went out today to a business affair and this is what I wore. I haven't been to a business function in a while and I wore this.

I realize it's my favorite shirt and tie combination. The tie did a good job of hiding the buttons being tugged at ;)

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
so I went out today to a business affair and this is what I wore. I haven't been to a business function in a while and I wore this.

I realize it's my favorite shirt and tie combination. The tie did a good job of hiding the buttons being tugged at ;)

I love this pic!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Dress your size. It's paramount. Too tight or too loose doesn't work for ANYONE. (unless you're lazing around the house, then I could care less-haha)

Clean. This is non-negotiable.

Relatively fashion forward. Please don't rock your 1992 High school hockey bomber jacket and dirty, ripped up runners, holey sweatpants and a business in front, party in the back hairstyle. No one finds you attractive. NO ONE.

You're really only taken as seriously in "important" events if you look serious. Like job interviews or semi-formal events like weddings. Keep that in mind.

You don't need to spend a lot of money to look decent either. I know people that on principle shop at second hand stores and they find AMAZING, cheap clothes.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Dress your size. It's paramount. Too tight or too loose doesn't work for ANYONE. (unless you're lazing around the house, then I could care less-haha)

Clean. This is non-negotiable.

Relatively fashion forward. Please don't rock your 1992 High school hockey bomber jacket and dirty, ripped up runners, holey sweatpants and a business in front, party in the back hairstyle. No one finds you attractive. NO ONE.

You're really only taken as seriously in "important" events if you look serious. Like job interviews or semi-formal events like weddings. Keep that in mind.

You don't need to spend a lot of money to look decent either. I know people that on principle shop at second hand stores and they find AMAZING, cheap clothes.
All true, all gems of advice.

I highlighted one particular part because I know a good number of people, guys AND girls, who *refuse* to dress appropriately or get haircuts/beard trims for work, dates, family events, weddings... my ex boyfriend was like this. When they don't get the job, or people treat them like a joke, or their girl/guy leaves them, they say shit like "I wouldn't want a job/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend that judged me by my appearance anyway."
I just want to smack them! It's not about judging! The way you present yourself tells people around you how serious you are about something, or how much you care. That's the way it is. You show up with long, dirty hair and an unkempt beard to a wedding, people get offended. You refuse to dye over your green hair and take out your 15 facial piercings for a job interview, people think you're not serious about it.
Cut your hair, trim your nails, and put on a clean, decent outfit!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I totally agree! You're representing someone's business, or your family or whatever. It's respectful. Your 15 piercings will look ok if you're the doorman at a BDSM club or a tattoo shop, but not at your Granny's 75th birthday lunch or an office job. It's just common sense.

I highlighted one particular part because I know a good number of people, guys AND girls, who *refuse* to dress appropriately or get haircuts/beard trims for work, dates, family events, weddings... my ex boyfriend was like this. When they don't get the job, or people treat them like a joke, or their girl/guy leaves them, they say shit like "I wouldn't want a job/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend that judged me by my appearance anyway."
I just want to smack them! It's not about judging! The way you present yourself tells people around you how serious you are about something, or how much you care. That's the way it is. You show up with long, dirty hair and an unkempt beard to a wedding, people get offended. You refuse to dye over your green hair and take out your 15 facial piercings for a job interview, people think you're not serious about it.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
I have come to learn/realize that common sense is not so common and many lack it.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

This sounds so simple, but seems so foreign to people. I had a job interview on Monday, so guess what I did? Cut my hair, trimmed my beard, cut my nails and put on some decent work clothes. I also polished my boots. Someone asked me why I was bothering to polish my boots, and I essentially told them the same thing you said. It just shows I'm serious, I took the time to wear appropriate clothes that was pressed, clean and didn't look old and ragged. Also, shining your own shoes is so...rewarding.

fat hiker

Hear, hear!

terpsichore

plus if you feel like workwear/formal wear is disingenuous, there's always adding little things that make your obligatory outfits more "you".

i like crazy socks to make you feel a bit more relaxed and less overly-serious during job interviews. once went on a job interview wearing a pair of neon rainbow-striped knee-high socks. :p wore wide-leg trousers and black dress boots. no one else knew about the rainbow socks, but *I* knew. ;) and i found it quite amusing.

another interview outfit i made better with a large black silk flower with a little bit of glitter. tied my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck and added the flower and instantly went from completely dull to at least looking like i had some individuality and creativity.

rainbow-colored hair? sneak it past the powers-that-be by just doing the ends. Last year i had bright purple on about 3" of my hair to the tips. going to the day job? put it up in a bun and it's covered. only works if you have really long hair though.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
plus if you feel like workwear/formal wear is disingenuous, there's always adding little things that make your obligatory outfits more "you".

i like crazy socks to make you feel a bit more relaxed and less overly-serious during job interviews. once went on a job interview wearing a pair of neon rainbow-striped knee-high socks. :p wore wide-leg trousers and black dress boots. no one else knew about the rainbow socks, but *I* knew. ;) and i found it quite amusing.

another interview outfit i made better with a large black silk flower with a little bit of glitter. tied my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck and added the flower and instantly went from completely dull to at least looking like i had some individuality and creativity.

rainbow-colored hair? sneak it past the powers-that-be by just doing the ends. Last year i had bright purple on about 3" of my hair to the tips. going to the day job? put it up in a bun and it's covered. only works if you have really long hair though.
knee high and thigh high socks make my penis happy.

Socks also happen to be my thing. I love adding just the right socks to an outfit to make it my own. They aren't always seen, but that's okay, I know they're there and it gives me the added "oomph" to feel more attractive, desirable, and confident.

djudex

I'm out
Socks also happen to be my thing. I love adding just the right socks to an outfit to make it my own. They aren't always seen, but that's okay, I know they're there and it gives me the added "oomph" to feel more attractive, desirable, and confident.
When I read this, all I could think of was these couple of scenes from The IT Crowd :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0kwal0Im4

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Went perusing for sports coats for my new gig. I found some funky stuff I may purchase later.

I had a couple people tell me this made me look skinny. I promise you it's just the cut of the coat, I'm not skinny at all.

this one was WAY out of my price range, so I had to try it on.

and then here's a coat I actually bought along with my first attempt at tying a bowtie.

That's my current fashion!

end wall of pictures.

Latest posts

Group builder