• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat And Job/career Discrimination

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
I've searched to see if a thread like exists but havnt found one - if there was already a discussion around this please point me in the right direction.

That said:A friend recently told me about her older sister who is a simply gorgeous fat girl - who I'd guess weighs about 200kilos - who recently got turned down for a job as a beautician because, and this was said to her face, she's too fat. The argument made by this horror of a prospective employer was that her boutique sells a certain kind of beauty and fat is simply not it so how can one of her employees be fat, it would go against everything she sells. I was horrified by this and since being on Dims have read a few other references to fat people not getting employed, not getting promoted etc because of their weight. Has this happened to you? What did you do? Surely, surely this is illegal and is in fact discrimination and counter to the constitution?? What kind of legal solutions can people who have been subjected to this pursue? I don't know if I've never gotten a job cos I'm a fattie but just hearing about these horror stories makes me almost breathlessly angry :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back