• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Person Only Gym?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

this article poses the question of a fat person only gym. i kinda like the idea except i don't like the concentration on "downsizing"and no mirrors. we're beautiful dammit! if you were going to go to a gym would you go to a fat only gym? what would you want in your gym?

Overweight-only gym fosters supportive atmosphere
by John L. Mone, Associated Press | January 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

http://thegrio.com/2013/01/07/overweight-only-gym-fosters-supportive-atmosphere/DALLAS (AP)

excerpt:

" — Downsize Fitness is an exclusive health club, evocative of the nation’s trendiest gyms. But there’s a strict requirement to join: You must be 50 pounds or more overweight.

The chain wants its members to feel comfortable while exercising, so there are no mirrors inside and the windows are fogged. Even the equipment is designed for heavier people.

Chicago entrepreneur Francis Wisnewski says he started the gym because “I’ve been overweight my whole life, and I was embarrassed to go to the gym myself.”

The first locations opened in Chicago and Las Vegas in 2011, and expanded to Dallas in 2012.

Gym member Janie Busch said she likes the supportive atmosphere.

Krisanne Hale, a personal trainer in Dallas, is still trying to lose weight. She says that helps members relate."

Latest posts

Back