Favorite packaged cookies?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I <3 reviving old threads!

I went in search of a packaged cookie thread and was delighted to find one. I discovered an amazing little cookie today, called Biscoff in the US and Speculoos in Europe. The US website: www.biscoff.com

I was searching for a cookie that was light, crisp, and flavorful to keep by my computer for when I need a little something to tide me over between meals. These are something like a crisp gingersnap, but lighter and sweeter and I believe flavored mostly with cinnamon. I'm newly in love with them.

Captain Save

never had a 40
If I make the classic mistake of shopping while hungry, these have been known to jump into my basket while I'm not looking, sometimes in groups.

As punishment for running up my grocery bill, they're consumed swiftly and without mercy. They vanish much faster if my coffee cup is full and egging me on. In fact, just writing about these things is threatening to inspire a late night shopping trip.

I think I need professional help.
:p

View attachment cookies.jpg

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
If I make the classic mistake of shopping while hungry, these have been known to jump into my basket while I'm not looking, sometimes in groups.

As punishment for running up my grocery bill, they're consumed swiftly and without mercy. They vanish much faster if my coffee cup is full and egging me on. In fact, just writing about these things is threatening to inspire a late night shopping trip.

I think I need professional help.

I am assuming you could only find a pic of the soft baked cookies as we all know the crispy cookies are the REALLY good ones ;)

I agree that Pepperidge Farm cookies are one of the best packaged brands out there.

EvilPrincess

I am assuming you could only find a pic of the soft baked cookies as we all know the crispy cookies are the REALLY good ones ;)

I agree that Pepperidge Farm cookies are one of the best packaged brands out there.

<nods head> yes crispy cooks are the good ones....

Captain Save

never had a 40
Hahahaha!

Ordinarily I might agree with you about the crispy cookies, but I've learned that the Soft Batch is better for hiding the crumbs and crunching sounds of the two package binge with coffee. You can get away with a lot at work if you don't give yourself away, right? :eat2:

Is hiding bad behavior another sign that I need counseling?

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
Hahahaha!

Ordinarily I might agree with you about the crispy cookies, but I've learned that the Soft Batch is better for hiding the crumbs and crunching sounds of the two package binge with coffee. You can get away with a lot at work if you don't give yourself away, right? :eat2:

Is hiding bad behavior another sign that I need counseling?
hmmmm you have an excellent point. And if you need counseling I believe we should join you and make it group counseling. I have the same issues with stealth eating. And I know I am not alone here! :D

QuasimodoQT

Shy viking
I like Biscoff, too- but when I want light, crisp and flavorful, it's Jules Destrooper brand for me!

http://www.destrooper.be/products/overview/en?PHPSESSID=3460b28b5ec642dcfe72344548aa4c7d

Their Almond Thins and Ginger Thins are crispy flavor perfection. How I'd love to find their whole line. It's way too easy to put out a box of these when you have a friend over for dinner and devour the whole thing. And I love that the almond or ginger slices make little windows in the cookie. Mmmm.

One caveat- their Butter Crisps are wonderful, but avoid the Butter Crumble- they look similar on the package, so it's easy to do accidentally. The Crisps are very dense compressed crunchy butter laden sugar... but the Crumbles are a weird mealy texture. Sometimes here in the states they go by different names, too- but if the name says Waffle in it, avoid! Yes I know the good one looks like a waffle, too. But it never says so on the box. :)

I went in search of a packaged cookie thread and was delighted to find one. I discovered an amazing little cookie today, called Biscoff in the US and Speculoos in Europe. The US website: www.biscoff.com

I was searching for a cookie that was light, crisp, and flavorful to keep by my computer for when I need a little something to tide me over between meals. These are something like a crisp gingersnap, but lighter and sweeter and I believe flavored mostly with cinnamon. I'm newly in love with them.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I like Biscoff, too- but when I want light, crisp and flavorful, it's Jules Destrooper brand for me!

http://www.destrooper.be/products/overview/en?PHPSESSID=3460b28b5ec642dcfe72344548aa4c7d

Their Almond Thins and Ginger Thins are crispy flavor perfection. How I'd love to find their whole line. It's way too easy to put out a box of these when you have a friend over for dinner and devour the whole thing. And I love that the almond or ginger slices make little windows in the cookie. Mmmm.

One caveat- their Butter Crisps are wonderful, but avoid the Butter Crumble- they look similar on the package, so it's easy to do accidentally. The Crisps are very dense compressed crunchy butter laden sugar... but the Crumbles are a weird mealy texture. Sometimes here in the states they go by different names, too- but if the name says Waffle in it, avoid! Yes I know the good one looks like a waffle, too. But it never says so on the box. :)
Ooooo...thanks for the tip on the Jules Destrooper. I will have to see if I can find them around here!

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Since I've already answered this thread several times since it was started in 2006, I've come to the conclusion that I lied.

My favorite cookie has always been Oreo. :)

Twilley

There are these generic chocolate-chip cookies my dad used to buy, they were really thin and had an almost salty flavor, but they were my crack for a while. Seriously, I would end up going through the entire box in one sitting if I wasn't paying attention...

Tracy

Fat & Sassy
Famous Amos Chocolate chip & pecan dipped in coffee. Yummy! :eat2:

KuroBara

"She Coo"

I'm glad to see these are available for purchase. I had them on Delta Airlines as the snack, but had never seen them in stores. They are awesome!! Thanks for the link!

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
I discovered these at Rite Aid a couple of months ago and I buy them pretty often. They're so good and they only cost a dollar. I thought the cheap price would be an indication of the taste and quality but I was so wrong. They don't taste cheap at all, they're actually really really good.

And, Pepperidge Farm pretty much owns the title of Best Cookies EVER. They can't do wrong, I've never tasted a bad PF cookie. I'll take 'em all.

Latest posts