• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Figure this one out - fatties on the plane.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora

Kushy Curves
No, this isn't your typical "I'm annoyed that airline seats are too small ect." posts (though they are perfectly valid!).

This is a post about an interesting experience my boyfriend and I had during my flight back to California.

Picture a three seat row. I was assigned the window, Matt the middle, and some unknown person the isle. By the time Matt and I got on the plane there was someone already seated in the isle seat. She was a rather plump young woman - not my size but certainly not small. I thought to myself "alright, this will be a squish party" and she got up to let us in.

I settled into the window seat quickly and got my belt fastened, and Matt sat down next to me. He didn't have time to get situated before the chubby chick plopped down on her seat and proceded to explain to my boyfriend that she needed her space. She pointed to the seat line he was crossing slightly and voiced sternly "this is mine, I need this." He didn't say anything but did his best to lean closer to me, whispering how maybe he should have grabbed the ear plugs out of his bag.

Maybe a minute passed before the woman exclaimed loudly that she was "putting this down" as she pressed on the arm rest separating herself and my boyfriend, which she had every right to do of course. Matt and I were still fairly comfortable.

But no, this was still not good enough! Apparently Matt's fleshy hips of doom were overpowering her, because as soon as a stewardess came near she fussed a little pointing in our direction, "look at this," and requested seating elsewhere in the already crowded plane.

Soon enough she was seated a couple rows back in a middle seat between two thinner travelers. Matt and I happily sprawled over the extra seat which was never filled, and she stared at us with utter loathing.

Moral of the story: It's okay to let your fat spill onto other people on a plane! Let it all hang out - you might get two seats for free! :D

But as an add, what do you guys think? What was this chick's problem? She was fat too; did she not want to admit that fact/was insecure about it? Thought that because we were bigger than her that we were less human? Did she really expect not to be touched while flying coach?

Fun times anyway, lol.

~Aurora

Latest posts

Back