Foods You Won't Try

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
Is it close-minded? Yes.

But they look vile, revolting, awful. What WON'T you try?

I will not eat, now or ever, under any circumstances:

Swedish meatballs. They look like balls of cat vomit topped with cat diarrhea. They SMELL like cat vomit topped with cat diarrhea. I am not eating cat vomit topped with shit. If I did, I could just hang out at home.

Sausage balls. Oh great, it's cold, seemingly undercooked sausage with unidentified stuff in it. And it smells rotted. Oh, but it has cream cheese in it! There is NOTHING appealing about a tart, creamy cheese in a hearty meat product with flecks of mystery brown.

Meat "mousse." Meat is not supposed to be like dessert. Meat is not supposed to be creamy. Thinking about it makes me want to cut my tongue out.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Oooh good idea for a thread, thanks!

Brains.... well really... just NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I really do believe that people should try food before deciding, no matter how bad it looks, but .... Im a total hypocrite as I could never try brains. :(

kathynoon

Jersey Irish BBW
Anchovies.

Pigs feet, cow brains, ....

Jello - food that jiggles scares me. always has.

BLUEeyedBanshee

Ministry of Truth
Those little baby squids that my guy, his son, my son, my daughter, her friends eat when we go to Mongolian barbecue.

They freak me out.

They like them

A friend just told me I should try them because the heads pop when you bite them and it's so cool.

EWWWWWWW

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Anything with cheese, cream or otherwise.

jamie

...tickled...
Things that have never and will never go down the gullet:

beets

goat

caviar

anything that has Aspic in the name

rocky mountain oysters

smoothies - or any drink made with yogurt

mango shakes

MissToodles

dead peasant
most offal-kidneys, brains, intestines, stomach etc. I do like liverwurst and chopped liver but that's as much as I can take. I don't care if I'm inauthentic, I wasn't raised on it, and I can't muster up the taste for it.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Those little baby squids that my guy, his son, my son, my daughter, her friends eat when we go to Mongolian barbecue.

They freak me out.

They like them

A friend just told me I should try them because the heads pop when you bite them and it's so cool.

EWWWWWWW

Mother of God BLEUGHHHHHHHHH. I forgot that I couldn't taste the hideous alien baby squids I had last week.

Eclectic_Girl

Rock n Roll Babe
Most kinds of offal (although I got a nasty surprise at what turned out to be steak & kidney pie once).

Raw oysters. Never.

ladebbie

Is it close-minded? Yes.

Swedish meatballs. They look like balls of cat vomit topped with cat diarrhea. They SMELL like cat vomit topped with cat diarrhea. I am not eating cat vomit topped with shit. If I did, I could just hang out at home.

Sausage balls. Oh great, it's cold, seemingly undercooked sausage with unidentified stuff in it. And it smells rotted. Oh, but it has cream cheese in it! There is NOTHING appealing about a tart, creamy cheese in a hearty meat product with flecks of mystery brown.

Meat "mousse." Meat is not supposed to be like dessert. Meat is not supposed to be creamy. Thinking about it makes me want to cut my tongue out.

;) That sounds like how I felt about all animal products when I was a vegan for 5 months straight. All meat smelled like and tasted rotten.

jamie

...tickled...
whaaa?
but...but...it's mangos. and ice cream.

Nope...nuh uh...will never happen. I have had so many horrible experiences with mango pudding at the Indian places that every time I see those mango shakes go by it makes me want to duck under the table until the toxic beverage has passed. Ice cream is good though!

CuteyChubb

Queen of Hearts
Squash, beets, squid, octopus, duck, lamb, deer, buffalo, aligator, rabbit, armadillo, goat, brains, organs, anything wild, shark, chocolate covered ants or grasshoppers, nothing on fear factor. Just the basics for me.

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
LIVER!! YUCK!!

Or, any other offal for that matter. I think I would puke if I ate it.

I do LOVE raw shellfish, including oysters, though.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
I'm really not interested in any meat product that you aren't going to see readily at most any grocery store (except elk) and I'm never eating chicken feet no matter how they fix them at the dim sum place.

No beets, cooked carrots or celery. The texture of all three is disgusting and everything about beets (except the color) is disgusting. Canned vegies are mostly disgusting now that I think about it. Mangoes and papayas are musty tasting.

Sweet eggs, in other words any kind of custard or nog you can concoct. Just ick. Marshmallows, meringue, candy corn, any sweet blah with no real flavor.

sweetnnekked

Back From The Dead.
Is it close-minded? Yes.

Speaking of cutting tongues out, I will never eat cows tongue, chicken livers, calfs brain, tripe, cracklin's, chicken feet or any fried and/ or chocolate dipped insect.
I could go on and on. My Uncle used to belong to the Explorers Club. He told us about eating lamb's eyeballs at one time. Ugh!!!:shocked:

Risible

Monkey Daze
Of the top of my head: Brains.

Also: Escargot, organ meat (though beef tongue is okay in small quantities), caviar, fishy-tasting fish, frog legs, game meat (including, I suppose, the bobcat chili I was once offered along with black bear jerky at an office party), most shellfish and seafood including what's that green stuff of the lobster called? and baby octopus, and, goes without saying, cat, dog or bush meat.

View attachment rhino.jpg

out.of.habit

Fat Lois Returns
Most kinds of beans, especially anything you'd put in chili, or use to make refried beans. It's that lima bean texture, really. Sugar snap, snow peas, or any kind of green bean, I'll eat with no problem. But seriously, that mealy squishy, or slippery texture gives me chills. Blech. *shiver*