Quantcast

Funny Pictures, Cartoons, and Memes Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
Cheese in a can has always fascinated me. We don't have it here (at least I've never found it), but does it taste cheesy? Like real cheese I mean hehe PNI. Btw we need a upchuck emoji!
Cheese food products are gateway cheese-ish almost-cheeses to the real thing. They’re part of what in this household are called the Fluorescent Food Group: processed foods so colorful that they light up the eyes as much or more than the taste buds. Cheetos® are a familiar product in this food group.

In the mists of the dysfunctional past, as a pre-teen/early teen, i could not handle actual cheese (for reasons unknown to this day). Started briefly with canned pseudo-cheese, manufactured by professionals to have a zingy, pleasing taste to warped American taste buds of the era (at least mine). Moved from there to squeeze cheeses: plastic sausage-shaped containers with a reclosable opening: similar material without the propellant. From there i moved to the same stuff in glass jars, likely similar to what Shotha mentions. Here’s an illustration i found of the latter 2 categories:
Kraft squeeze cheese & jar cheese ad.jpg
Note the Chicago 90, Ill. address. Apart from illin’ and illness and related puns, that tells us that this ad predates USPS Zip codes, so it would be from the very early 1960s or second half of the 1950s. The products looked about the same when i had them in the early 1970s.

After the jar cheese food products, i finally made it to real cheese (circa mid-adolescence), and have never looked back.

Here’s what your complexion looks like if you eat too much from the fluorescent food group:
Fluourescent Food Group Moose.JPG

PNI?

Pinochle Nitrogen Infusion?
Perpetual Nutmeg Immersion?
Pacific Northwestern Indigo?
Punch Nards Indecisively?

I don’t actually know littlefairywren’s intended meaning. Guessing is more fun than taking all of 20 seconds to look it up. Actually i just did look it up now right before posting, and none of what’s listed makes sense in this context. Prescott New Instructions is the top-rated real-world answer on the site i checked.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Cheese food products are gateway cheese-ish almost-cheeses to the real thing. They’re part of what in this household are called the Fluorescent Food Group: processed foods so colorful that they light up the eyes as much or more than the taste buds. Cheetos® are a familiar product in this food group.

In the mists of the dysfunctional past, as a pre-teen/early teen, i could not handle actual cheese (for reasons unknown to this day). Started briefly with canned pseudo-cheese, manufactured by professionals to have a zingy, pleasing taste to warped American taste buds of the era (at least mine). Moved from there to squeeze cheeses: plastic sausage-shaped containers with a reclosable opening: similar material without the propellant. From there i moved to the same stuff in glass jars, likely similar to what Shotha mentions. Here’s an illustration i found of the latter 2 categories:
Note the Chicago 90, Ill. address. Apart from illin’ and illness and related puns, that tells us that this ad predates USPS Zip codes, so it would be from the very early 1960s or second half of the 1950s. The products looked about the same when i had them in the early 1970s.

After the jar cheese food products, i finally made it to real cheese (circa mid-adolescence), and have never looked back.

Here’s what your complexion looks like if you eat too much from the fluorescent food group:
View attachment 138478

PNI?

Pinochle Nitrogen Infusion?
Perpetual Nutmeg Immersion?
Pacific Northwestern Indigo?
Punch Nards Indecisively?

I don’t actually know littlefairywren’s intended meaning. Guessing is more fun than taking all of 20 seconds to look it up. Actually i just did look it up now right before posting, and none of what’s listed makes sense in this context. Prescott New Instructions is the top-rated real-world answer on the site i checked.
Thank you for that @Sonic Purity and the imagery. Oh...NPI "no pun intended." :)

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Hmmm, that seems vaguely familiar...

Oh, YEAH! Now I remember...
(actual present-day footage.)
(like, I mean, THIS morning.)

Suspect, a known serial paper-product killer, is currently at-large.

Archive footage from a previous incident shows suspect after a grueling search and chase, following a horrifically grisly attack on a roll of paper towels,
(warning, crime scene photo is graphic, and might be distressing to sensitive viewers)
when he was finally surrounded and confronted at his high-altitude lair three rooms away.
His response was:
"Yeah, I did it. What're YOU gonna do about it?? COME AT ME, BRO!"

Last edited:

Latest posts