• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Great Aunt Bethany B - by Deryk Shane (~BBW, legend, ~~WG )

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deryk_Shane

~BBW, legend, ~~WG - One of the more unusual explanations for heredity weight gain ever advanced

Great Aunt Bethany B
By Deryk Shane

My girlfriend's family has numerous stories about their past. During my visits, I was subjected to a lot of them. Most of them about the hardships of the depression or of the life in the 1800s, only a few stand out.

One in particular stood out quite noticeable. In fact it still stands out.

During Thanksgiving with my girlfriend, we were sitting in the living room before dinner, and she kept mentioning that she had put on five pounds in the past week. I brushed it off thinking it was a normal occurance. Afterall, she wasn't the thinnest of girls, but certainly not fat, so the five pounds could hide easily on her soft stomach, soft arms, soft thighs, or round little butt.

I kept doing the boyfriend thing and told it her it was nonsense. While waiting for dinner to be finished, her grandmother came out and started talking to us. Immediately the conversation shifted to a Bethany B. Her grandmother's sister.

"Do you remember her?" Her grandmother began.

"No, not really," Beth responded.

"Well, she was one of the most petite girls you'd ever see. A little thing."

"I thought she was fat?" Beth responded.

"Well, I'm talking about when she was a teenager. She was just this little girl who ever since she turned fifteen swore there was a curse on her."

"Really, from who?"

"Her mother."

"Ya don't say," she said nonchalantly.

"Yes. Anyways, during Thanksgiving when she was fourteen, she was told a story. A story of how she was named Bethany. At the time she felt very insulted by being named Bethany."

"How come?"

"I'll get to that." She changed pace. "So everything's fine with her until two days after Thanksgiving she breaks her leg. She's put on bedrest and after two months she's able to walk again. During that January, she developed a terrible cold that didn't go away until March. And following her fifteenth birthday in May, it happened."

"What?"

"I'll get to that. But first, what she was told on Thanksgiving. She was told a story of her Great Aunt Bethany. Which would be your Great Great Great Aunt Bethany. She was a rather petite girl also. At the age of seventeen she developed a very womanly figure. Big bazooms, a big caboose, wide hips, everything. She was still thin, though. She went to the city and had bought a rather revealing dress. One that a lady of the night would wear, most likely. Walking down the street with a male companion, she was stopped by another man who sneered at her and called her a hussie."

"Really?"

"Yes, and then said it was not ladylike to flaunt such a vuluptuous body. And that maybe she would think twice if she was a little more than vuluptuous. Now here's where the speculation is, but as she was walking away, the two seams are her dress burst open."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, very serious. When she returned home the following week, she had outgrown every dress she owned. She saw her doctor, and he could think of anything odd. Just that she was developing a little fast. She gained weight so quickly. Week after week. But the funny thing of it was, it all seemed to go to her rump. Just bigger and bigger. She didn't stop getting bigger until she turned twenty-years-old. By that time she was so big that the doorway to her room had to be widened, and she couldn't stand up after sitting down without help."

"And, that has to do with Aunt B how?"

"Well, she was told this story. And she was named after her because of it. Bethany never had children. And she asked me if I would name one of my children after her. But when I had your mother, I had already promised my grandmother I'd use her name. So, because of that, your mother agreed to name you Bethany."

"Oh, so is that how I got my name."

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, that was my Great Aunt Bethany. I haven't told you about your Great Aunt Bethany yet. Beth had just turned fourteen and was told that at Thanksgiving. And being a little bit of a superstitious soul, believed immediately that the curse had been passed onto her. She tried to confirm it with the broken leg or the long cold, but nobody believed her. She remembers the day. June third. She began to put on weight. Over the next three months she gained at least a hundred pounds. Probably more. She went from 34-inch hips to 59-inch hips. My mother kept having to let her dresses out. And her backside just kept getting bigger and bigger. We started believing that she really was cursed. After the three months, she told me on some day in October that if she could be sworn that I'd name my second girl after her, her curse would be lifted."

"Really, so--"

"I promised her. And in the next two weeks she only gained three pounds. And after that, she never gained a pound more. But I never had a second daughter. So, your mother promised Aunt B that you would, her first daughter, would be named after her."

"So, what happened?"

"You were born, and you were named Bethany."

"So, what did the B stand for, in Bethany B? Why not Bethany Two?"

"The following year at school the children called her Bethany Backside. After a few years, they just called her Bethany B. So did the rest of the family. No matter what, she never could lose the weight. She could go for two months and lose two pounds and gain it back in a day or two."

"So, I'm cursed."

"Not sure, but if you want, you can stay away from the sidewalk, it's icy."

"Great Aunt Bethany B" ©2002 by Deryk Shane

Latest posts

Back