• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Great Chinese in the Tri-State Area

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactopus

Baconator
The ex had been hearing a lot of great things about China 46 so we decided to go. We both like really authentic Chinese food. We like the kind of place that we have to convince them to give us the Chinese menu and allay their fears by speaking what little Mandarin we know. I'm really partial to three types of Chinese cuisine. Spicy stuff (Szechuan and Hunan), Shanghai cuisine, and Cantonese Dim Sum.

46 specializes in Shanghai cooking including Shanghai Dim Sum. The other great places I've encountered in NY/NJ are Joe's Shanghai (famous for their soup dumplings with more juice than any other place) in NYC Chinatown (Bowery and Pell), and John's Shanghai in Edgewater, NJ.

So we had 3 things. We had two racks of soup dumplings (a Shanghai Dim Sum favorite of mine also called juicy buns):
04-21-07_2135.jpg

A dish described as "Shredded Chicken w. Hot Oil Sauce Bedded w. Spinach" which was simply marvelous since it had a touch of vinegar and the hot oil, spinach, and vinegar made a wonderful chililicious counter-point to the chicken:
04-21-07_2118.jpg

And a favorite of mine similar to something I got at John's Shanghai. Shanghai spiced (five spice tastes similar) pork belly with tofu knots:
04-21-07_2124.jpg

:eat1: :eat1: :eat1:
:eat2: :eat2: :eat2:

Reactions: Ash

Latest posts

Back