• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Gun Control in America

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal84

I was wrong for discussing gun control as much as I have in the Sandy Hook thread, I became over-zelous in my views for a thread whos purpose was to have reflection for those who have suffered such a tragedy and remember those who lost so much in a time of year for celebration of family and friends. for that I am wrong, however many posters have different points of views and I enjoy reading them all even if I don't agree with them so this thread will be hopefully a better alternative for our gun control debate.

I think on the topic of gun control we need to remove the far left and right and look at what the majority of Americans would deem as reasonable. So here is a few things I would like to see:

1.) Smaller magazine loads: No one hunting needs to have a 30 round magazine I would prefer to see magazine limits of 10-15 rounds at most. This is because if god forbid another shooting spree occurs the more magazine changes that occurs the greater the increase for the crowd to de-arm the person, the weapon to have a malfunction or stoppage. It just seems like a common sense solution that is backed in technical strategy if a shooting spree is to occur.

2.) 10 day waiting period to obtain a weapon, this would eliminate the gun show loop hole and cool off anyone that is going to commit a passion crime. I know my hunting friends have hunting season ciricled on their calanders 6 months in advance. So I think that is not asking alot for gun owners to just plan ahead alittle before they purchase the gun.

3.) A gun safety class certification before purchasing a weapon. This is a way of making sure that the person has atleast been told basic gun safety. How to clear the weapon, basic safety for shooting, safe storage of the weapon, how to destroy the weapon correctly.

4.) A reasonable background check to make sure you have no felonies on your record maybe expand it to have a doctor to be able to mark you as being uncapable of owning a weapon if you have a mental issue.

These are just a few steps that are common sense and that I feel most Americans would agree that they would not infringe on gun rights and would be the best solution to make the most Americans happy.

Latest posts

Back