Quantcast

H-o-t

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
95 - heat index 103 - my taint and I would make an exception and don a bathing suit ( leaving traumatized people in my wake ) and would totally go swimming right now...

Jes

is oddly aroused
96 degrees. I'm drinking so much cold water my stomach hurts.

Also I have no a/c except in the bedroom which is not where I want to spend my summer. Ceiling and floor fans just aren't cutting it this summer.
[do you work--hopefully in an office if you do? that's one saving grace of summer employment. Though, currently, our A/C is NOT cutting it, and my taint's motivation is drooping]

KuroBara

"She Coo"
uk = rain
rain = sad
sad = me:(
I'd do some really questionable things for rain right now!!! Memphis is hot and humid, but no rain. Temps routinely feel like the 100s. I have given up on getting any tomatoes except from the grocery stores. I'd cheer for rain, a powerful drenching rain. Everything looks hot, dirty, and generally miserable.

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity
96 degrees. I'm drinking so much cold water my stomach hurts.

Also I have no a/c except in the bedroom which is not where I want to spend my summer. Ceiling and floor fans just aren't cutting it this summer.
Shouldn't drink too much plain water; fun things will happen with your brain if you do. You also don't really need to drink *cold* water; room temp or a little below works just as well, especially if it's easier for you to drink it. There are really three ways your body can get rid of heat: radiation from your skin (mostly happens at the forehead and scalp), sweat and evaporation of said sweat (efficacy breaks down in humid weather), or by urinating. So... plenty of fluids (juice and, yes, I'm going to plug Gatorade, are preferable to plain water) to support sweating and urinating a lot, and use of cold objects applied to the forehead. Note on the latter: do not place frozen substances directly on your skin for more than a few seconds. Refrigerated gel packs and cold metal make excellent choices, as do wash cloths and similar items moistened with cold water. And of course, remove the cold object if you start to get brain freeze.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
Over 100 with 2 heat advisories for the day. Wasn't one enough? Heat index of 110, although I always ignore that. At a certain point freakin hot is just freakin hot. Thank goodness for a/c. As it is, I came home and started stripping immediately.

I'd do some really questionable things for rain right now a swimming pool !!!

Rojodi

Midnight,86, neighbor is in her pool, and it's NOT helping. I was out there, TOO HOT!

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity
I sweat more on the drive home today than over the course of 8 hours at work. Ugh. AC was just barely getting comfy when I got home. Dip in the pool again, then down to the nice cool basement.

Screw this weather. I want last summer back.

LovelyLiz

Shouldn't drink too much plain water; fun things will happen with your brain if you do. You also don't really need to drink *cold* water; room temp or a little below works just as well, especially if it's easier for you to drink it. There are really three ways your body can get rid of heat: radiation from your skin (mostly happens at the forehead and scalp), sweat and evaporation of said sweat (efficacy breaks down in humid weather), or by urinating. So... plenty of fluids (juice and, yes, I'm going to plug Gatorade, are preferable to plain water) to support sweating and urinating a lot, and use of cold objects applied to the forehead. Note on the latter: do not place frozen substances directly on your skin for more than a few seconds. Refrigerated gel packs and cold metal make excellent choices, as do wash cloths and similar items moistened with cold water. And of course, remove the cold object if you start to get brain freeze.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jes

is oddly aroused
i got in the shower this morning, and when the stream of water hit my taint, it sizzled as if on a hot skillet.

What about the taints? Will no one think of the taints?!

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
Wisconsin is out of the heat wave! Totally wish I could send relief to you guys too. This morning was a lovely 63F but it's slowly climbing. It's s'posed to get in the upper 80's today, drop to high 70's for two days, then start to climb again according to the local weatherman.

daddyoh70

DYELB?
101... highest heat index I heard today was 121 degrees. I fried an egg on my taint.
Now I'm packing up my swimming pool and heading to Connie Lynn's house!!!;)

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
101. Wet washcloths stored in the freezer help a lot. Also, Gatorade tastes like piss. I'll take my chances with my prescription potassium and half water/half juice or decaf iced tea concoctions.

Jes

is oddly aroused
My ofc was up to 81 degrees last I checked, my lipstick got melty, and then my taint caught on fire.

Latest posts