• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Hillary Clinton 2016?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango

Mustachio Nut
In another thread, Yakatori boldly states:

I said it before and I will say it again: Hillary Clinton, today, is in a better position to become President than she has ever been at any time before.

A few points here.

Firstly I came across this statement from HRC earlier this week about her future in an interview with Marie Claire -

Excerpt from "Is This Really Goodbye?" by Ayelet Waldman, Marie Claire, October 2012.

Clinton, however, was emphatic when I asked if she was planning to run in 2016. Laughing, she said, "You know? I am not."

"Why not?" I asked. "Everybody wants you to."

Her answer, when it came, felt honest, though it was hardly different from the answer given by numerous other politicians in the same position, all of whom have insisted they wouldn't run up until the moment they changed their minds. "I have been on this high wire of national and international politics and leadership for 20 years," Clinton said. "It has been an absolutely extraordinary personal honor and experience. But I really want to just have my own time back. I want to just be my own person. I'm looking forward to that."

In my search for that interview, I came across this piece of tripe from the same source from some time in 2002/2003 (before her ill-fated run in 2008) -

Hillary Clinton rules out presidential bid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ton-rules-presidential-bid.html#ixzz2A0FyQfNY

New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose White House memoir is published this week, yesterday ruled out making her own presidential bid in 2008.

The first-term senator, one of the most polarizing figures in U.S. politics, told Time magazine and ABC News in separate interviews that she did not plan to run for the country's top job in 2008.

It was always her intention to run in 2008 (and avoid the 2004 cyclical loss while NY Senator).

So I take this week's "categorically ruling out" of running again in 2016 with a huge Clinton-sized grain of salt.

Whether people will still remember the Benghazi tragedy and Clinton's negligence in the deaths of 4 American displomats remains to be seen if she does choose to run. It is a major blemish on her legacy as Secretary of State and if she decides to re-enter public life could be the noose around her neck.

She will also be reaching the age of 69 in 2016. Possibly a little too senior for a Presidential candidate (case in point - John McCain).

Also - aren't Americans sick of candidates riding in to office off the coat-tails of a relative? (case in point George W Bush)

Honestly, I think Americans have had enough of the dynasties for the time being. I know I am.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back