• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I am SICK AND TIRED of the world saying fat people are disgusting.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumBlossom

My little sister just showed me a cartoon for kids and the message they were trying to give was SICKENING. I think the underlying message the cartoon was trying to give to kids was that a confident/happy fat girl needs to stop being confident/thinking she's sexy because she's NOT because it's fact that she's disgusting (showed by the grossed out faces of the other characters when they look at her) and that she's NOT sexy, NOT beautiful on the outside and that the only thing she has going for is her brain and she should just "accept the reality" that she's not good looking and just face the fact that the only thing going for her is her "inner beauty".

I found the underlying message to be insulting and sickening. I'm sick and tired that even in children's cartoons, there's fat bashing. I'm sick and tired that every single time I walk into the living room there is fat bashing on tv no matter what channel is playing. I'm UTTERLY SICK OF IT.

My mom (who's fat herself but has a twisted cynical love of cruelty and crushing girl's self esteem). The shows she watches are utterly HORRIBLE. She watched a soap opera/drama show/romance fiction story show where there was a lovely friendly beautiful happy LOVABLE fat girl on the show but NOBODY respected her, nobody even called her by her NAME. Everyone called her,"The ugly fat whale." or the "Disgusting whale" even after a full year of the show running, nobody ever called her by her name! Her story on the show was horrible. She was trying to be happy, to love herself, accept herself, find true love, BE HAPPY. She was married to a guy who only married her for money and cheated on her with a skinny woman and all the while they insulted her behind her back, always calling her an ugly disgusting whale and throughout the whole show, she was still cheerful and lovable and happy, trying to move on from the abusive relationship and find happiness and love in herself. She was a beautiful character and yet it seemed everyone in the story disrespected her, still calling her a disgusting whale (never called her by her name), insulted her behind her back. The husband ended up MURDERING HER and then at the end of the show, he THREW HER ASHES INTO A DIRTY DITCH WHILE STILL INSULTING HER FOR BEING A DISGUSTING WHALE. The end. Of course because fat girls never deserve to be happy, they deserve to be treated horribly, and killed! For being fat. (sarcasm)

*RAGE*

I can't express how angry it made me that every character on the show had a happy fairy tale ending EXCEPT THE POOR FAT GIRL OF COURSE. Everyone else got a fairy tale ending, even the murderous husband didn't get much of ANY punishment whatsoever. The main characters got married, characters got together, had babies, even the villains didn't get any punishment. The one who got the worst punishment was the innocent fat girl who only wanted someone to love her and care for her, the only character on the show who endured the most cruelty and the worst fate was the FAT GIRL when she never deserved it. She was happy, beautiful, friendly, caring, sweet, gentle, she wanted to accept herself and love herself and what did she get? Everyone disrespecting her, not calling her by her name, only calling her a disgusting whale for literally a YEAR of the show running, her husband on the show cheating on her with a skinny secretary while still insulting her behind her back, completely HATING her just because she's fat, constant constant constant fat hating on her and at the very end, he murders her (why? because she's fat? ) and then throws her ashes into a dirty road ditch while still screaming at her ashes of how "disgustingly fat" she was. THE END.

I didn't watch the show but my mom did and for a whole year, that's all I ever caught from the show, fat hating fat hating fat hating. And don't get me started on a beauty pageant on tv that my mom adores where the entire goal of the beauty pageant is to fool chubby girls into entering by saying,"We accept all women of all sizes" and then when the chubby girls try to enter, they get their SOULS CRUSHED with the most horrible cruel words of,"You're not beautiful, you need to lose weight, if you think you're beautiful, I'm sorry to say but you're DELUSIONAL." Poor chubby girls (even girls that AREN'T fat get insulted) go home crying their eyes out, completely crushed to tears because the beauty pageant they host is just horrible. They fool millions of girls all over the country into entering the beauty pageant with the lie that,"Everyone has equal chance of entering, no matter what size you are or how short you are or the skin color." and yet it's a complete trap, just to be extremely cruel to those girls who dare think they're beautiful. It's extremely upsetting and my mom has a sick sense of humor and she finds it HILARIOUS whenever a girl leaves crying after being abused and emotionally crushed.

One time a skinny anorexic girl tried to enter the beauty pageant. She told about her story, how she used to be fat and how everyone was cruel to her so she became anorexic because of the constant emotional abuse she endured just for being fat. She struggled with anorexia and how at one point she was skin and bones and she was living in the hospital and they had to feed her through a tube and that she was still a recovering anorexic (still skinny). And you know what the judges in the show said to her? "Sorry to say, but you're not beautiful, you need to lose more weight, come back when you lost more weight."

I can't clasify what type of horrible monster could say something like that to an already skinny struggling recovering anorexic. Seriously? "Lose more weight"?

Sorry for the long post. I'm just sick of it. It seems like EVERY SINGLE DAY, society tries so DESPERATELY to pound it into my head (and every girl's head) that we're disgusting and deserving of being murdered and our ashes thrown into a ditch because we're FAT AND DISGUSTING AND WE DON'T DESERVE A HAPPY ENDING OR LOVE OR ANYTHING GOOD EVER.

That's the message society constantly tries to express, even in children cartoons! It's utterly SICKENING. Fat people are never taken seriously, fat people never get a happy ending, fat people are never respected or treated with kindness. I'm sick of it. And then there are sadistic people like my mom who find pleasure in seeing people being emotionally crushed. I'm just sick of it. I don't even watch TV and yet the same cruel messages are EVERYWHERE.

Latest posts

Back