• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I need to buy a Saree/Sari!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idontspeakespn

Rabble-rousing since 1982
Here's the gist: my friend Lena is getting married in August, and as I'm sort of the unofficial 'bridesmaid' (as traditional Sikh weddings don't have 'bridesmaids') I do need to be wearing traditional Indian attire...which means a fancy Sari/Saree.

Has anyone ever worn a Sari? I am a *teensy* bit self conscious about my arms and a lot of Sarees, from my experience, look like this:

http://www.pinkvilla.com/files/images/hn-instyle-saris-ash_0.preview.jpg

*Sigh* Isn't she beautiful? I would seriously turn gay for her...God, what a woman...uh-anyway.... :wubu:

So, I guess my question is:

How do I tactfully wear one and cover my arms? Is it hard to buy Sarees and their matching clothing items for bigger women? and which 'style' would be most flattering on a PSW? Would a nice simple sari with a few chosen decorations be okay, or is it better to have a lot of pattern?

If you have recently bought one or know where I can buy one and you are in the UK, please let me know, as I am getting a bit nervous about it.

Cheers!

T.

Latest posts

Back