I should be able to get COVID vaccine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

I'm in the same boat. One vaccine provider in the entire county, a grocery store pharmacy. Appointments are being set based on who you know instead of where you are in the state priority list. They're not even accepting new names from the general public on the waiting list until late February. So unless we can get in with another nearby county's vaccine program, it will be at least mid spring until we get our first vaccines.

Funny how so many people here were going on and on about it's all a hoax, just the flu, and the vaccine is poison or will have microchip trackers in it, but they're jumping the line to get themselves and their families vaccinated before all the healthcare workers, front line workers, elderly, and chronically ill get their turn.

I live in a Southern Red state. I am not holding my breath. Well I am but only around maskless people.

Ncmomof4

Once it's available to staff, according to a Google search, it's not incompatible with breastfeeding AFAAK.
I'm a labor and delivery RN and our Doctors are telling our patients to get it as soon as available to them. And I know we have staff members that are breastfeeding that have gotten the two doses.

Barbsjw

@Ncmomof4 TY for confirmation of my information! We don't have it quite yet, but I hope to get it early. Did you read my pregnancy updates and birth story?

jrose123

According to Los Angeles County, all 10 million people should take until June 2022 to get vaccinated at the current rate of vaccination..wtf!
According to news, the British stain of Covid-19 is easier to catch and more deadly...shit!
Getting vaccination is going to take forever. So, my goal us to not catch covid. I'm purchasing new marks, N-94, and those things to raise the mask off the nose. I'll double up, too

Tracyarts

My husband and I got our first vaccines this week. They opened up a big drive through vaccine hub at the county fairgrounds a couple counties over from us to serve several mostly rural counties in this part of Texas. We called the hotline and got on the callback waiting list the first day they started setting appointments and got a spot on this week's schedule. I was expecting us to be on the waiting list for several weeks. We got very lucky to get in this early.

weetabix

Bigger Alweighs Better
The vaccine is experimental genetic engineering for your body. The Pfizer vaccine hijacks cells in your body to actually make the vaccine. What's injected is not the vaccine. The 'vaccine' uses virus techniques to make itself. It's a step beyond a vaccine. When they tested this sort of ting on animals in the past it did not go well, the animals died. Fortunately humans are much tougher than animals so they skipped the animal trials and proceeded at warp speed with this moon shot.

However old people with pre-existing medical conditions are not tougher than animals. The Pfizer chap was on TV explaining that adverse vaccine reasions caused 33 people in an old people's home to die of pre-existing conditions.

Probably wise not to rush out and get vaccinated. It's not like it entitles you to break social distancing or lockdown so no real benefit.

Tracyarts

I'm getting vaccinated because it's the best chance I have to survive the pandemic. I have multiple major comorbidities and probably wouldn't survive a Covid infection. But I have to receive regular necessary medical care in facilities where mask wearing and physical distancing isn't being enforced in public areas like lobbies, elevators, and hallways. Every time I go to receive necessary medical care, I enter a potentially deadly exposure situation. I've been putting off important treatment because my doctor believes it is too risky for me to enter these spaces more often than is absolutely necessary to prevent a medical emergency. I can't continue putting these treatments off indefinitely though, because my condition is deteriorating. I'm hoping to get my second vaccine and be able to safely enter these spaces before it gets to the point where I require emergency hospitalization.

Probably wise not to rush out and get vaccinated. It's not like it entitles you to break social distancing or lockdown so no real benefit.

Latest posts