• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I suck! OR Beer Bread, FINALLY!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katorade

So after reading some old posts and discovering "rep", I realized that I never posted my beer bread recipe after it was requested.:doh: I am so sorry this has literally taken a bajillion months to post! At least I'm posting it at a decent time of year for a hearty bread, right? Right?!? Without further ado:

Beer Bread:
-3 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 tbsp. of granulated sugar
-1 tbsp. (yes, tbsp.) of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of spices, 1-2 tbsp. of strong mix-ins like dried or fresh herbs, or 1 cup of mild mix-ins like cheese or nuts. This could potentially be the only time consuming step depending on what you mix in.
-1 12oz. bottle of the beer of your choice.

Rule of thumb, only cook with beer you'd want to drink, and I try to match the beer to the mix-ins. I like Stella Artois as a nice well-rounded beer that just adds a light flavor. If you want more of a beery taste, use something a bit heavier (I used Harp lager last time).

Preheat oven to 375.
Dump all dry ingredients in a large bowl, combining with a fork. Stir your mix-ins into the dry mix, making sure they're coated well. I add these before the beer because if you coat heavier additions like nuts or dried fruit with flour before putting them in batter, they're less likely to sink to the bottom. It's also very helpful as far as keeping any kind of cheese from clumping. When everything's combined, slowly add your beer, and stir just to combine everything. The batter is going to be thick and goopy, like banana or zucchini bread.

Dump the batter into a greased (cooking spray is fine) loaf pan. I go for the easy way out and use disposable loaf pans so I don't have to wash dishes later, or if I'm giving them away. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let them cool until still slightly warm and pop that sucker out of the pan, slice it up and smack some butter on it and enjoy. Also delicious toasted or warmed up on a grill pan.

For the bacon cheddar, I used about 6 strips of bacon, cooked then chopped roughly, 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup of sauteed sweet onion with about a tsp. of garlic, 1 tsp. or so of chipotle chili powder and a pinch of hungarian paprika. I don't actually measure any of it, I just dump it in until it looks like enough.

I also made an apple cherry pecan with Sam Adam's cherry wheat, but never actually tasted it since I gave them as gifts. I was going for a very savory cinnamon raisin type bread, although I recommend probably sticking with more traditionally savory flavors. I'd love to make one with dill and bits of havarti.

The outcome is more of a quick bread than a raised, sandwich type bread. You could attempt a sandwich, but it would be very heavy. It would be like making a sandwich with pumpkin bread (dear god....pumpkin bread ice cream sandwiches, I'm a GENIUS.) They freeze, travel, and reheat very well!

bbtwins.jpg

bbloaf.jpg

bbslice.jpg

I would LOVE to see what you guys do with this recipe!

Latest posts

Back