If you're a wine drinking BBW/BHM/FA...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fat hiker

Ooh... that's some interesting branding from Adler Fels. Is that Botero artwork or Botero-like artwork?

Looks like I have a new topic for my Advertising blog.
Hopefully will have the post done by later in the day.

I might incorporate the Veldensteiner ads in it too, since its all booty related.

It looks like German and the "Probierts es, dann spurts es!" line translates using Babylon to "Try them, then it spurts!" which I gather reads more like "Try them before they spurt!".

Anyone know German?

:D

This is one of those cases where using an 'American' keyboard without the accents on the letters lets you down. "Spurts'" really needs the umlaut, the double dots, over the U to translate correctly - then the translation will come out "Try it, you feel it!" which needs its verb tense corrected to "Try it, you'll feel it!"

"Try it, you'll know it" or "Try it, you'll sense it" would also give some of the meanings of 'spurts'.

mango

Mustachio Nut
This is one of those cases where using an 'American' keyboard without the accents on the letters lets you down. "Spurts'" really needs the umlaut, the double dots, over the U to translate correctly - then the translation will come out "Try it, you feel it!" which needs its verb tense corrected to "Try it, you'll feel it!"

"Try it, you'll know it" or "Try it, you'll sense it" would also give some of the meanings of 'spurts'.

Thanks.

I had a German friend here at college come in and take a look at it. He translated it as "Try it, then feel it!"

Also - I made a blog post about the subject of this thread in my new advertising blog - el bloggo de mango.

Check it out.
If you dare!!!

:cool:

jjx560

I've had the Big Ass wines at the family wineries tasting room in Kenwood. The Zin, Cab and Chard were all quite good and fairly priced around $15 a bottle. Definitely bold and flavorful wines to go along with the theme. The cover art was just an added bonus :)

Ho Ho Tai

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75818

I posted this a while back. Fits this thread too, so . . .

GetWinePicture.aspx

This is the winery http://www.wine.co.za/

Agent 007

Shtick man
And for those among you who are more into beer, consider Hertog Jan beer. That brand has this lovely lady on its bottle caps.

Hertog-Jan-Janneke.jpg

bigmac

Love the artwork -- especially the Zinfandel label! The guys eyes are just mesmerized.

To bad I don't really like wine.

wow, Veldensteiner, that's an Austrian beer and I don't know it... I'll definitely have to get some and try it! :)
"Probiert's es, dann spürt's es!" is colloquial language, maybe that's why you had difficulties finding the right translation.

SSBBW Katerina

FillOutUrProfileFellas
I'm a wine girl & late hubby wrote books about it.

Those wine labels are amusing and funny.

Has anyone sampled any of the wines from Fat Bastard? When i visited Toronto I had their Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon during a photo shoot. Not bad. I've had better. but it served its purpose: kept my throat from being arid and gave me a nice light buzz.:D Here's the site:

www.fatbastard.com
:batting:

Latest posts