• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

In Time

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack27

AΔΦΆΓΙΑ
I saw this movie with my dad yesterday. The story takes place in a world where time is literally money and when you run out of it you're dead. A cup of coffee could cost 4 minutes and a cross-town bus ride could cost an hour. There are rich people with millions of years while poor people rarely have much more than a day. If a poor guy misses a day of work he would probably die. Going all in in a poker game is literally risking your life.

I enjoyed the movie; I recommend it. It provokes thought. It also occurred to me that a Tea Party person and an Occupy Wall Street person could watch this movie and come away with completely different messages.

An occupier might say that "In a purely capitalist society money really does equal life, therefore wealth should be redistributed because everybody has the same right to life."

A tea partier might say "Look at that, that kid totally made it out of the ghetto playing by the rules and not doing anything wrong. Then the corrupt system tried to smack him down. You can't trust government."

Of course we don't live in a purely capitalist society and you can't get away from having to trust the government to some extent.

But then I wondered if the tea party and the occupiers were mores similar than we realized? "Throw the bums out!" can be a common rallying cry. The bail-outs were loathed by both groups. It just makes you think.

Latest posts

Back