• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Inability (~BBW, Eating, Slight Domination, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symphonic45

~BBW, Eating, Slight Domination, ~SWG - two old friends team up as unusual roommates

Inability
by Symphonic45

The start

Kay’s coming to visit me at work today. We’ve been good friends for nearly twelve years now, but haven’t seen much of each other since college. I’ve been putting off this little meeting for about three months, but Kay won’t take no for an answer anymore.

It’s only fair; we did everything together for a long time, why can’t we at least spend my lunch break together? Its been over four years since graduation.

Well…I’m nervous. I’ve grown a little bit since Kay and I last met. We'd been in separate cities, keeping in occasional touch by emsail, but now she was returming.

I was pretty average in college. Average grades, average looks, average weight. I never paid a lot of heed to exercise, but I wasn’t a big eater, either. Average. Kay, on the other hand, ate like an offensive lineman. Despite her appetite, that girl was a petite little thing. Kay was just over five foot and just under 100 pounds.

After we parted ways, I lived with the parents for a while, then with my college boyfriend. After that failed miserably, I met up with an old friend who happened to need a roommate. We didn’t get along particularly well, but didn’t hate each other. I’ve always been the reserved type, so I didn’t go out nearly as much she did.

As time passed, I fell into my new routine: Work, eat, read/TV, sleep, work…however, one started encroaching on the others’ territory. A bag of Doritos at work, some double-chocolate chunk cookies during primetime, cheesecake a la mode before bedtime.

When I began to notice my belly sticking out a bit more than usual, I resolved to run every morning. I got out and hit the pavement hard…for a day. I would wake up with my alarm, consider getting all sweaty, and roll over. I really wanted to run, but I could always do it later.

A wardrobe change and a new apartment later, Kay started calling. Self-conscious about my expanded waistline, I gave an excuse. Then another. I wanted to lose at least a little of the flab before I faced my beanpole-esque friend. Unfortunately, the bigger my excuses got, the bigger I got.

The Meeting

I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a month. After some maneuvering, I stared, mouth agape at the digital reading. I’d have to face Kay with 280 pounds of flab encasing me.

Goodness, I thought. How’d I get this big? What’s she going to think? I probably outweigh her by almost 200 pounds! Well…at least I don’t have a mirror around to bring me down even more.

Time for work. I slip on what was a loose-fitting black dress. To my chagrin, it emphasizes my bulbous belly. I really need to do laundry more often. Who has time to do that each week, though?

I sit in my cubicle nervously staring at the clock. It’s almost time for the most fateful lunch break of my life. Pulling another Tagalong cookie out of the package on my desk, I ponder just what ridicule Kay has for me. It’s not going to be pretty. My phone rings. It’s her; she’s coming up the stairs now. I wedge myself out of my chair and start walking towards the office entrance.

Kay walks in as I lean on the front desk of the office. She looks exactly the same. Exactly. She looks around. She looks past me. Oh God, she doesn’t even recognize me. Nice start, fatty. I say her name timidly, bracing for the worst. Kay stares at me for what seems like a minute. At first she looks startled, transitioning into confusion, then what I can only assume is a courtesy smile.

“How are you doing?!” she practically screams as she embraces me. She squeezes my flesh in attempt for her hand to meet. As I expected, she fails.

“You got fat, girl. Like…fat. Real fat. Fat fat. Obese fat.” She states. I’m pretty sure the whole office heard her.

She starts poking and prodding my gut, walking around me like a predator sizing up prey.
“You must have been eating a lot! You got a sweet tooth now, huh?”

Thoroughly embarrassed, I pull Kay along as we leave for the restaurant.

A New Relationship

On the way to the Dairy Queen, not much is said. Kay just sort of stares at me. I imagine her eyes bouncing up and down in synch with my paunch. Of course, why would anyone want to look at that, anyway? She must think I’m awful.

Inside, I order a cheeseburger combo with a diet coke.

Kay pokes my gut. “Is that all you’re going to eat?”

The register guy barely refrains from giggling with her. I shoot her a nasty look, but she doesn’t seem to care. “I’ll take three triple cheeseburgers, two large Blizzards, uh, four fries…that’s it.”

While eating, Kay continually asks me how it happened. I can only imagine what she means---“it”.

Ha. She’s been awkwardly open about criticizing me, why attempt subtlety now? I just shrug and say I don’t know.

Eventually, we start talking about old times, and my mood brightens. It’s not until we finish that conversation that I realize I’ve not only eaten my order, but the majority of Kay’s as well, including the Blizzards. She just sits there, grinning.

“I thought you’d want some more. That lil’ burger wouldn’t have kept you full would it?" Kay laughs. She’s always been a bit odd, but this is too much.

Furious, I prepare to leave her without saying goodbye. That’ll get my point across.

She runs up after me and taps me on the shoulder, saying almost contritely. “Hey, uh, I don’t think we got to talk a lot. Do you want to come back to my apartment for awhile?”

I almost laugh. That’s the last place I’d go. Now that I think about, though, I don’t want to face my co-workers after this. I couldn’t function. And the train for my house doesn’t come around for another four hours. I guess I don’t have a choice. Maybe she’ll drop the weight issue, besides.

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts

Back