Information on California for someone who's never been... THANK YOU!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Bafta1

It's freezing here in Indiana. I mean, perishingly cold. So I've decided to fly to California for the winter break. Rental properties are so expensive there, at least the ones I've been looking at.

Does anyone know of a California city/town/village/hamlet that is a reasonably priced area? I don't mind that I'm not going to stay on Millionaires' Row. But I'm desperate for a drop of sunlight... If it's a place with holes in the roof, I don't mind, just as long as it's WARM!

Craigslist has thoroughly disappointed me, maybe you guys can help point me in an interesting direction... I just need the name of a place to look at for short-term rentals.

Thanks again!!

LovelyLiz

I live in Southern California. It's 54 degrees right now...

We don't necessarily have warm weather every day during the wintertime; but we do have clear or mostly clear skies and sunshine pretty often. Are you open to staying in a hostel? If so there are some good ones here in L.A. on the coast.

http://www.hilosangeles.org/

I also really like this place, it's about $80 a night, but has a lot of character:

http://15rose.com/

You also might want to post in the Events Thread - West, many of the Californians tend to check that area and may be able to offer some more help.

Have a great trip!

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Riverside! it's not Beverly hills but it's amazingly cheap compared to everything else in the area! AND it's an hour away from everything! 40 min to Huntington/Newport beach, 50 min to LA, 40 minutes to Palm Springs, 45 minutes to Big Bear, 90 minutes to Sand Diego.

so, theoretically, in the same day you can go surfing at the beach, go 4-wheeling in the desert and go snowboarding in the mountains, and then catch a show in LA all in the same day. :D