• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Is this fat bigotry, or not?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I'm tired of arguing about this in chat... lol. I'm the lone voice in the wilderness. :)

I think this post on peopleofwalmart.com is clearly fat bigotry (notice the caption, too).

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=6040

In fact, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a more blatant example.

However, the vocal majority (okay, two people to my one. lol) in chat disagrees, and says that site makes fun of everyone equally. While they clearly DO make fun of skinny people as well, it is for CHOICES they have made (bad fashion choices, etc), whereas with fat people they are blatantly making fun of their bodies, which, *at least in some cases* was not a choice. You pick out what to wear that day - you don't pick out whether or not to be an SSBBW that day.

The other side (lol, sorry Sarah <3) also says if you laugh at SOME people on that site it's not fair to cry foul when they make fun of fatties. I feel very strongly that laughing at someone who chooses to plaster troll dolls all over the hood of their car is very different from laughing at someone fat and saying no one else would possibly want them. To me, it's apples and oranges.

I'm interested in seeing what more people have to say about this issue.

Latest posts

Back