Visceral fat issues?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

So… I’m closing in on the big 5-0-0. Much bigger than I ever thought I would be, and while I finally started gaining in other places, the vast majority of my weight had been in my belly. And most of that is visceral fat, giving me a big round ball belly that’s mostly firm like a beachball, as opposed to the more desirable subcutaneous fat that makes for squishier, jigglier, more cuddleable bellies.
Visceral fat is also worse health wise because it’s linked to heart disease and diabetes. So far I’ve been lucky. I have a pretty serious case of hypertension, but meds keep my blood pressure in the healthy range.

Anyway, as I started making my way up past 430 or so, I started noticing a tightness. Sort of like I was full even if I hadn’t eaten. Around 450 this became uncomfortable. Now I’m at around 480 and the tightness is mildly painful. I feel like I’m internally pressurized and it only gets worse as I steadily gain. (I’m not trying to gain at this point… but life style changes are hard and it’s happening anyway, albeit much more slowly than it used to…)
I’ve been to the doc multiple times about it and he hasn’t found anything “wrong” per se, other than my being morbidly obese of course. My blood pressure is slightly higher than normal, but still shockingly good for someone my size with so much visceral fat. Around 145/85 usually. The theory is that my abdominal wall is stretched to its limit, having so much fat built up behind it. But we can’t find out for sure because I’m too big for an MRI. Doc says the best he can tell me is to start losing weight. I know I need to lose weight. Or at least stop gaining, and I’m working on it. Sorry, I know weight loss can be sort of triggering to some people in this community.

I haven’t found many other people to consult who are as big as me with primarily visceral belly fat. Is there anyone here with a similar issue? I know visceral fat is more common in men, so any bhms/ssbhms with lots of visceral fat, have you ever experienced this “pressurized” feeling in your gut? Obviously, other than from overeating.

bellyman

I had visceral fat pain myself back in 2014. I had a growing ball belly. Albeit I was 200 pounds less than you are now. The pain and pressure sounds like what I was experiencing. It hurt to sit in my car to drive. Felt full all the time too. Turns out I responded to some advertising for cold laser therapy for weight loss. I went and had that done. Somehow it softened the fat up that was causing me pain since they focused in those areas. I think I did lose some weight but it wasn’t a lot, but the pain went away. Which I was entirely grateful for. I had a lot of other discomfort issues due to the visceral fat but it was manageable. Years later I lost down to 200 before again gaining back up to 305 where I am today. It’s a lot softer than it was the first time. And I’m really grateful for that. I wish you the best on attaining a weight that you can enjoy even if it that includes weight loss I am for you. I know I’ve had to lose weight sometimes when it was too much for the moment.

Thanks for your reply! I need to look into that cold laser therapy.

I enjoy being a big guy and gaining, and health wise I’m doing pretty good for someone as big as I am, but I’d pretty much resigned myself to having to lose weight to get rid of the pain and pressure. Hopefully I’ll be able to do something similar and not have to lose so much weight to get relief. I know that I might not be a candidate for it because of how fat I am, but if I had to lose weight enough to have the laser therapy and get rid of some of this visceral fat, it would be a more pleasant journey regaining all the weight I lose if it comes back as subcutaneous fat.
I’ve been skinny before and I really don’t wanna go back lol

Thanks again for the advice! Now I have something I can ask my dr about.

I too think you you need to turn back a bit. You may have increased too fast. Without seeing imaging you can never rule out an underlying problem.
Talking with the assumption that things are fine I will say there are people in the 600 pound mark with ball bellies, full mobile. Sumo wrestler Dump Truck someone who I have been in awe at must have hit a few walls getting to his size. I think there is literature on his journey that could be found.
On the subject of stretching the abdomen area. Skinny people strike similar issues and there are tricked using a ball that relieves the tension on the midriff. Curtous Ball therapy I think it is called.

So, a bit of an update. After seeing my dr again (not long after my original post) he determined that I’m retaining quite a bit of water. I already take Lisinopril for hypertension, and my dr switched me to a lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide (hctz) combo as a diuretic. He also got me drinking a gallon of water a day to remedy the hypersalinity he suspects is the cause.

A month later of peeing nonstop, and I’ve lost close to 40 lbs just in water weight. I’m not entirely sure why this would have been what was causing me abdominal pain, but it seems to be the culprit. The pain is gone. There is still a dense feeling that can be moderately uncomfortable if I really really really overeat (again, beyond the normal discomfort of being extremely overly full) but I still have more water weight to get rid of so I’m hopeful that I will be back to normal once I get rid of all the fluid. (Normal for a land whale like myself, anyway lol)

I would like to ssay that i have a preference too the Ball belly. The squishy apron is nice but i like the way that a ball belly presses another person in.
Aesthetically I prefer having a big round firm ball belly, too. It seems guys usually prefer the ball belly, and ladies prefer guys to have the squishy cuddly subcutaneous fat. The only true feeder gf I ever had, while she definitely enjoyed my big ball belly, particularly how dramatically it would swell and puff up when I was super stuffed, told me fairly regularly that she wished I was softer. The soft part of my lower belly that was all hanging subcutaneous fat was her favorite part to play with and snuggle when we laid in bed together. So yeah, while I kind of order the feeling of a ball belly on myself, I want to be more cuddly for potential future feeder gfs, and hopefully a feeder wife lol

Mel KM

So… I’m closing in on the big 5-0-0. Much bigger than I ever thought I would be, and while I finally started gaining in other places, the vast majority of my weight had been in my belly. And most of that is visceral fat, giving me a big round ball belly that’s mostly firm like a beachball, as opposed to the more desirable subcutaneous fat that makes for squishier, jigglier, more cuddleable bellies.
Visceral fat is also worse health wise because it’s linked to heart disease and diabetes. So far I’ve been lucky. I have a pretty serious case of hypertension, but meds keep my blood pressure in the healthy range.

Anyway, as I started making my way up past 430 or so, I started noticing a tightness. Sort of like I was full even if I hadn’t eaten. Around 450 this became uncomfortable. Now I’m at around 480 and the tightness is mildly painful. I feel like I’m internally pressurized and it only gets worse as I steadily gain. (I’m not trying to gain at this point… but life style changes are hard and it’s happening anyway, albeit much more slowly than it used to…)
I’ve been to the doc multiple times about it and he hasn’t found anything “wrong” per se, other than my being morbidly obese of course. My blood pressure is slightly higher than normal, but still shockingly good for someone my size with so much visceral fat. Around 145/85 usually. The theory is that my abdominal wall is stretched to its limit, having so much fat built up behind it. But we can’t find out for sure because I’m too big for an MRI. Doc says the best he can tell me is to start losing weight. I know I need to lose weight. Or at least stop gaining, and I’m working on it. Sorry, I know weight loss can be sort of triggering to some people in this community.

I haven’t found many other people to consult who are as big as me with primarily visceral belly fat. Is there anyone here with a similar issue? I know visceral fat is more common in men, so any bhms/ssbhms with lots of visceral fat, have you ever experienced this “pressurized” feeling in your gut? Obviously, other than from overeating.
Is this the same feeling you were talking about when we were living together? I’m glad you finally went to the doctor! That was a long time ago!

Mel KM

Aesthetically I prefer having a big round firm ball belly, too. It seems guys usually prefer the ball belly, and ladies prefer guys to have the squishy cuddly subcutaneous fat. The only true feeder gf I ever had, while she definitely enjoyed my big ball belly, particularly how dramatically it would swell and puff up when I was super stuffed, told me fairly regularly that she wished I was softer. The soft part of my lower belly that was all hanging subcutaneous fat was her favorite part to play with and snuggle when we laid in bed together. So yeah, while I kind of order the feeling of a ball belly on myself, I want to be more cuddly for potential future feeder gfs, and hopefully a feeder wife lol
For the record, yes, I loved your squishy underbelly, but I also really like your big, firm, ball belly! It was fun to sit on 😘

Is this the same feeling you were talking about when we were living together? I’m glad you finally went to the doctor! That was a long time ago!
Yes. I know, you were right. I definitely should have gone back then. It would have saved me a lot of trouble and discomfort.

bellyman

So, a bit of an update. After seeing my dr again (not long after my original post) he determined that I’m retaining quite a bit of water. I already take Lisinopril for hypertension, and my dr switched me to a lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide (hctz) combo as a diuretic. He also got me drinking a gallon of water a day to remedy the hypersalinity he suspects is the cause.

A month later of peeing nonstop, and I’ve lost close to 40 lbs just in water weight. I’m not entirely sure why this would have been what was causing me abdominal pain, but it seems to be the culprit. The pain is gone. There is still a dense feeling that can be moderately uncomfortable if I really really really overeat (again, beyond the normal discomfort of being extremely overly full) but I still have more water weight to get rid of so I’m hopeful that I will be back to normal once I get rid of all the fluid. (Normal for a land whale like myself, anyway lol)
Thanks for the update so glad you're feeling better now. That was a lot of water weight. That had to be uncomfortable. Good thing your doctor found that for you.

Latest posts