KFC Double Down

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
I don't know...it looks and sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. Call me a party pooper, but I think I'll stick to making my own (healthier) version at home.

msbard90

I tried it, it was a little too much chicken (well, obviously). I never really cared for KFC anyways. Its all about Popeyes :eat1:

toni

In the know
Well, it does depend on what you get there. I always get thin crust and lots of veggies/pineapple.

There are 220 calories and 11 grams of fat in one slice of thin crust garden pizza.

There is 460 calories and 23 grams of fat in a grilled double down.

So, two slices of thin crust vegetable pizza equals one double down. Do you only eat two slices?

msbard90

hell no, I eat a whole pizza :)

Everyone needs to stop making fun of atlantis before I eat you too!!!!!!!!:eat1:

(^^There was no harm intended in the above statement. Please keep your stones and tomatoes to yourselves. :D)

toni

In the know
hell no, I eat a whole pizza :)

Everyone needs to stop making fun of atlantis before I eat you too!!!!!!!!:eat1:

(^^There was no harm intended in the above statement. Please keep your stones and tomatoes to yourselves. :D)

LOL NO one is making fun of her. People have a huge misconception about this sandwich. I wanted to prove a point. I do it to everyone who says such foolish things about this wonderful creation.

msbard90

LOL NO one is making fun of her. People have a huge misconception about this sandwich. I wanted to prove a point. I do it to everyone who says such foolish things about this wonderful creation.
Lol I didn't think it was that great. But it might be just my local KFC because THEY REALLY SUCK.

toni

In the know
Lol I didn't think it was that great. But it might be just my local KFC because THEY REALLY SUCK.
You have a right to your opinion about it being sucky. I can't debate that. However, calling it a huge unhealthy ball of fat is where I am correcting people. It has less fat than most burgers at McDonalds and def a lot less fattening then going for pizza.

msbard90

You have a right to your opinion about it being sucky. I can't debate that. However, calling it a huge unhealthy ball of fat is where I am correcting people. It has less fat than most burgers at McDonalds and def a lot less fattening then going for pizza.
You definitely have a point there but I have to admit (yes I know there's a grilled option too...) that it seems pretty artery clogging having 2 pieces of fried chicken as a bun to a bacon and cheese sandwich. You're absolutely right though- even the most healthy looking things, like Panera for instance, are way worse for you than a sandwich with fried chicken for a bun.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
There are 220 calories and 11 grams of fat in one slice of thin crust garden pizza.

So, two slices of thin crust vegetable pizza equals one double down. Do you only eat two slices?
Girl, I knew you'd have my back :wubu:

AtlantisAK

Actually, yes. Two slices is enough for me to be fine. And more often than not, I request that they go easy on the cheese on my pizza too. Not a fan of their cheese.

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
I finally had it. I prefer the grilled one than the crispy one. The crispy one was WAY too salty.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
After reading all the comments (and taking my personal preferences into account), I think I'd order mine with extra sauce and no bacon.

And maybe order 2 biscuits to go with it and make it into two sandwiches. I <3 KFC biscuits.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
After reading all the comments (and taking my personal preferences into account), I think I'd order mine with extra sauce and no bacon.

And maybe order 2 biscuits to go with it and make it into two sandwiches. I <3 KFC biscuits.
Cranky, that sounds like a perfect alternative. Today is too late for me but tomorrow certainly I will do that and also get a big fountain Dr. Pepper to wash it down with.

msbard90

Haha!!! I think that defeats the purpose of the whole chicken-as-a-bun deal, but sounds way tastier to me! :)

TraciJo67

I think it is a hugely unhealthy glob of 32 grams of fat and 1380 grams of sodium, whether or not it is comparatively healthier than a burger or a few slices of pizza. That's pretty much the entire daily recommended amount of fat, and more than half the sodium, on just one sandwich.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I think it is a hugely unhealthy glob of 32 grams of fat and 1380 grams of sodium, whether or not it is comparatively healthier than a burger or a few slices of pizza. That's pretty much the entire daily recommended amount of fat, and more than half the sodium, on just one sandwich.
Yeah but it's got on 10 soluable carbs. The grilled has only 2. :eat2:

Latest posts