• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Kid/detention question

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canonista

Rep Dealer
My ex told me my son got detention and has to pay his dues tomorrow morning before class.

My kid, being an energetic 6th grader, talked in music class with a couple other boys.

He wasn't supposed to. His music teacher sent the kids to the principal's office to discuss the matter with him. They were told "don't let it happen again or there'll be consequences".

About three hours later his homeroom teacher takes my son aside (and at some point the other offending kids) and gives him a detention.

I'm annoyed that the teacher with no "dog in this hunt" would usurp the authority of the music teacher and principal and make her own decision on an issue in which she had no involvement. I don't mind the detention. I mind HOW the detention was dealt out.

What I'll do tomorrow is speak with the principal and find out if he really did let the kids go with only a warning. If he did I'll tell him what happened and let him know I don't appreciate the uninvolved teacher butting in and creating resentment and sending conflicting signals to my son. You just don't punish a kid over something so trivial AFTER another teacher lets him go, especially when you weren't in charge where the offense occurred.

This in no way absolves my son of his wrongdoing. He needs to learn to shut his big yapper. I just think the "shut the pie hole" lesson is lost when teachers do things like what his homeroom teacher did.

Advice?

Latest posts

Back