• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Literary Mashups Needed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rojodi

Recently - or recently to me - there's a new book genre, literary mashup. You know the titles, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters", "Android Karenina", "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer", "Queen Victoria: Demon Slayer", and others, seen here http://nethspace.blogspot.com/2010/04/literary-mash-ups-what-do-you-think.html.

I was thinking - late at night when the arthritis likes to bitch slap me for no reason - with the end of the Harry Potter series, both the books and movies, could there be a slew of Harry Potter mashups, whether they be novels or short stories? Here are some of the examples I conjured up:

"Harry Potter and the Maltese Falcon" - a "Wizard Noir" novel where private Auror Sam Spade needs the help of the hero of the Second Wizard War in finding the Maltese Falcon, a Muggle artifact that's rumored to remove magic from witches and wizards;

"Harry Potter and the Pear Tree" - a series of short stories of Harry Potter, Auror extraordinaire, solves magical crimes, based on the lyrics of "Twelve Days of Christmas.

"The Wizard's Red-Headed League" - short story where Ron, Percey, an George solve a Holmsian senario.

Okay, so these are just three, but there has to be more.

Latest posts

Back