Quantcast

Literary Mashups Needed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

Recently - or recently to me - there's a new book genre, literary mashup. You know the titles, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters", "Android Karenina", "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer", "Queen Victoria: Demon Slayer", and others, seen here http://nethspace.blogspot.com/2010/04/literary-mash-ups-what-do-you-think.html.

I was thinking - late at night when the arthritis likes to bitch slap me for no reason - with the end of the Harry Potter series, both the books and movies, could there be a slew of Harry Potter mashups, whether they be novels or short stories? Here are some of the examples I conjured up:

"Harry Potter and the Maltese Falcon" - a "Wizard Noir" novel where private Auror Sam Spade needs the help of the hero of the Second Wizard War in finding the Maltese Falcon, a Muggle artifact that's rumored to remove magic from witches and wizards;

"Harry Potter and the Pear Tree" - a series of short stories of Harry Potter, Auror extraordinaire, solves magical crimes, based on the lyrics of "Twelve Days of Christmas.

"The Wizard's Red-Headed League" - short story where Ron, Percey, an George solve a Holmsian senario.

Okay, so these are just three, but there has to be more.

KuroBara

"She Coo"
The Decameron as told by the wizard teachers, dead and alive, past and present, of the Harry Potter universe, with Dr. Strange and Professor X of the Marvel universe as they all travel to an instructors' convention. I want McGonagall to tell the pear tree chapter.

Latest posts