• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Living & Breathing Plumpness in French!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbbig

Rock Star/Contortionist
I am currently planning a trip to France (next year probably) and, seeing as I will be speaking mostly French there, I thought "what words have I forgotten to learn?" Then I thought, "how will I express my incredible love for chubby girls?" I reached through my memory, and also researched on the good ol' interwebs, and found out that the French have many words to describe the plus-size. So, for those of you who plan on visiting Canada, France and surrounding countries, or Africa in the future, here are some of my favorite words for you. Good for just sounding romantic too, I guess. :D

States of Fatness
Pudgy: grassouillet
Bloated: ballonné
Slightly chubby: dodu
Inflated: gonflé
Chubby/Plump: poupard, poupin (more like "baby faced" though), potelée, rondelette, enveloppé
Buxom/Ample/Curvy: plantureuse
Husky/Hefty: costaud
Roundish: repléte
Round/Chunky: ronde
Generously proportioned: rebondi (specifically, when using while talking about belly, it means "fat", when about booty, it means "rounded")
Fat: grosse
Thick/Fleshy/Luscious: charnue, pulpeuse

Fattening Actions
To bulge: gonfler
To gain weight: prendre du poids
To get fat: grossir
To become round: s'arrondir
To eat: manger
To devour (food): engouffrer
To fatten: engraissé

Body Parts
Booty: popotin, fesses (also female thighs)
Belly: ventre (stomach, pot-belly, tummy, everything really), bedaine
Beer belly: ventre à bière
Belly button: nombril
Double-chin: double menton (that's "doo-bluh")
Hips: hanches (and "hanches larges" are big hips)
Thighs: cuisses (or as I said, fesses)
Boobs: sein, doudoune, robert (naughty)

Other
Feeder: nourricier
Tight (clothing): serré, moulante (I think, may be "form-fitting")
Erotic: érotique
Delicious: savoureux, délicieux

and my all-time favorite: joufflu (chubby). It just sounds so onomatopoeic.

There you have it. I had a lot of fun putting the list together. If some of you speak more fluently than I, and some of these are wrong or have fallen out of fashion, please excuse the error, it may have been a word I found online. Other than that ... vive la langue française!

Latest posts

Back