BBW Lookin for historical stories

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

I, for some unfathomable reason, have a certain itching for historical BBW fiction, I've come across some of the big ones, lady luck, the one about nelson's wife, but I seem to have hit a wall, would love some recommendations.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
We actually have quite a number of BHM historical fiction stories here in the Library - I can name app. half a dozen without looking them up.

But BBW historical fiction?? 🤔 Indeed zilch comes to mind.

Ever since you posted the question, I've been wondering why that is the case. Imo it clearly has something to do with the fact that FA writers are much more weight gain oriented in their stories with storyline and setting receiving less attention. While many FFA write classical plot driven novellas (sometimes even novels) in which the protagonists happen to be fat or gain weight.
It has to do with the difference in male and female interests and reading preferences.

That said, I can think of a number of real life historical figures which would make brilliant historical BBW & weight gain fiction.
For example the story of Austrian Empress Consort (1712-1736) Elizabeth Christine, who was literally fattened up in the futile hope of her conceiving a male heir. And her daughter, Empress Maria Theresa (1736-1780) who was anorexic as a teenager and went on to have 16 children gaining so much weight that for the final 15 years of her life she had hand-pulled elevators installed in her palaces & her husband's crypt since she was too fat to climb stairs.

Last edited:
We actually have quite a number of BHM historical fiction stories here in the Library - I can name app. half a dozen without looking them up.

But BBW historical fiction?? 🤔 Indeed zilch comes to mind.

Ever since you posted the question, I've been wondering why that is the case. Imo it clearly has something to do with the fact that FA writers are much more weight gain oriented in their stories with storyline and setting receiving less attention. While many FFA write classical plot driven novellas (sometimes even novels) in which the protagonists happen to be fat or gain weight.
It has to do with the difference in male and female interests and reading preferences.

That said, I can think of a number of real life historical figures which would make brilliant historical BBW & weight gain fiction.
For example the story of Austrian Empress Consort (1712-1736) Elizabeth Christine, who was literally fattened up in the futile hope of her conceiving a make heir. And her daughter, Empress Maria Theresa (1736-1780) who was anorexic as a teenager and went on to have 16 children gaining so much weight that for the final 15 years of her life she had hand-pulled elevators installed in her palaces & her husband's crypt since she was too fat to climb stairs.
It's a shame really. That there's only one really during the period I, for some reason, really like to see. That being the Regency in England. I am doomed to forever seek yet never find. I was reading one about the prince regent for a while on ao3, it stopped in 2021 but it was 14 chapters long and was being written since 2017 so I held out hope. Checked it out recently, and it belonged to an orphan account. Sad

Last edited:

Donna

🎶 Melophile & Bibliophile 📚
I've found when searching off-site that most of the stories featuring BHM revolve around the weight gain/feeding aspect, while there are a plethora of novels where the main female character is a BBW or SSBBW with no feeding/weight gain. Goodreads has 99 titles listed here, I've read about a third.

Last edited:
I've found when searching off-site that most of the stories featuring BHM revolve around the weight gain/feeding aspect, while there are a plethora of novels where the main female character is a BBW or SSBBW with no feeding/weight gain. Goodreads has 99 titles listed here, I've read about a third.
Neat! Although not exactly fitting my bill. When I can, I'll check these out.

stevita

like the pancake
I didn't realize genre fiction was that in demand among BBW lovers! I might try my hand at some recency/fat princess stuff. As it stands, the only BBW stuff I have to offer is geared towards futurism/sci-fi, just because that's my own favorite genre. But maybe I'll branch out and do some high society betrothal stuff where the protagonist is a big girl.

Latest posts