Looking for a Story, but also want to spark discussion

Discussion in 'Story Readers Forum' started by Fcfa, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Jun 9, 2018 #1

Fcfa

Fcfa

Fcfa

Hey all. I was wondering if you've read any stories (or your first story that interested you?) That, looking back, probably weren't the best but they still stayed with you?

Though not the first story that gained my interest into FA and Weight Gain fetish fiction, there's this one story that I liked well enough to want to read again recently, but unfortunately it seems to have been deleted. It was an Soulcalibur Fanfiction interactive story on Writing.com, but very much weight gain focused.

Details are a bit fuzzy, but I do remember that two fairly long chapter strings caught my attention. One was with Ivy and the other with Taki. Ivy started out in I believe it was a bar, until a stranger offered to treat her and took her home to a feast. She then grew quickly immobile. Taki's I forget how her story started out, but she had either been kidnapped or was prowling around a rival ninja clan's base untul she became a sumo either through forecedfeeding or her own will.

Admittedly, most of the fetish stories (especially interactives) are not the best on Writing.com, but I've found a few that I like well enough

2. Jun 10, 2018 #2

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Global Moderator

3. Jun 11, 2018 #3

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

The ones that tend to stick with me have longer story lines with realistic characters. Sorry not sorry, authors and authoresses - I mentally date and screw your BHM =P

In a sea of short stories which are like just a series of trigger words (belly, jelly, wiggle, jiggle, fat, obese, gut), the ones with plots really get me.

Undine, agouderia, Starling, lurksville, ashblonde all tend to write strories that stick with me. Hell - The Main Line deeply upset me, it was like the BHM had broken up with me personally! (BTW if I miss any of my fav auths - I sowwy, I love you all!!! I just scrolled through the first few pages because i am bad with names) Lately, Big Shot has caught my attention because it is painfully sweet, the characters are played true, and despite not having the well fleshed (ha!) backstory I am used to, everything is touched on with so much elegant simplicity that my desperate mind backfills all the information myself and begs for more.

I have "trigger" stories if I am going to rub out a quickie...but the ones that stick with me are the novels. I want to become emotionally invested in the story. I am also a fast reader, so if I flick my finger up on my phone and get to the end of the story, chances are that there is not enough runway for me to become committed. I want to be wooed - wined and dined! I want to feel my chest constrict at the painful sweetness, or feel hands shaking when I go to the next chapter.

Shh! Don’t tell! and fat hiker like this.
  4. Jun 11, 2018 #4

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

For the most part individual stories that I've read on-line haven't stuck with me much, at least not so much in an FA way (there are some longer stories here that are well etched in my mind because o liked the story and characters, but they weren't so much titillation as just enjoyable reads about relatable characters) .

I'm pretty sure that scenes and characters from many more stories have made their way into my general imagination , but stripped of their associated stories of origin.

fat hiker likes this.
  5. Jun 11, 2018 #5

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

there were some great articles in the print editions of Dimensions in the early 90s that were memorable

6. Jun 11, 2018 #6

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Fair. I don't think I have ever forgotten a novel I have read (within a few pages can recall the whole story, good or bad)...but often the glom into one.

7. Jun 15, 2018 #7

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  8. Jun 15, 2018 #8

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

Shh! Don’t tell!

I’m super flattered to be mentioned and also curious what parts of the backstory aren’t fleshed out. I feel like most things that aren’t said outright are heavily implied, but I already know the whole backstory because I wrote it so it’s hard for me to tell what’s clear and what isn’t.

Xyantha Reborn likes this.
  9. Jun 15, 2018 #9

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I mean that there is a delicacy that is truly amazing. Like...when you go to a truly fancy restaurant, the portions are not huge, but you get lots of small courses which all tempt the palate...and leave you craving more. A hint of sweetness, a tang of spice. It takes a lot of skill to summarize concisely, without it feeling like a gloss over. You managed it very elegantly, in a way that makes me love the characters. You didn't have to encumber your story to make it tasty as hell. For an FFA, I tend to be a story glutton =P. This one made me mewl for more instead of being able to gorge on it.

(Now has to go through the HORROR of rereading it to find some examples =p)

Liam had a sudden memory of his mother in a panic, talking with her friends about an English teacher at his elementary school who lilted his voice up at the end of his sentences. That teacher had ended up being fired. This slight reference frames a lot of the story, but you didn't have to do a flashback, or write it explicitly. It frames his entire childhood, his relationship with Isaiah, his behaviour to date, as well as future behaviour. Elegant.

How in the first chapter Isaiah says: "“I don’t need to do anything!” spat Isaiah. “I do my job! I’m fucking great at it.” then later: Isaiah felt his face get hot. “I’m sure you could. You’re so smart. You got into an Ivy League. I was a terrible student, I barely graduated.” Lovely, subtle, utterly believable character development. And heartbreakingly sweet.

Or tidbits of his backstory that make me yell "TELL ME MORE! I WANT MORE OF ISAIAH!!!" like: Isaiah had authority issues and Berger stood in for every teacher, every previous employer, and every older male relative. He shuddered. Gag.

Wuv!

Shh! Don’t tell! likes this.
  10. Jun 15, 2018 #10

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

By "Well fleshed" I was making a comparison between overly abundant flesh, and a superfluity backstory.

I like both, to be clear *glares at her favourite authors and authoresses in case they take that as a cue to write less* lol