• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Miss Piggy as a BBW role model??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
[I'm not quite sure whether this is the right forum to post this in - but since a number of TV and such questions have been discussed here, I'll give it a shot]

Now maybe this question is completely absurd - but I'm serious about asking it and would appreciate the insights of BBW (or also FAs if it applies):

Did you ever see Miss Piggy as a role model for BBW?

There are so few of them around now - and were even less so 10 or 20 years ago - on mainstream media, that even though we're talking about a pig puppet, I think there might be something to the question.

Growing up, I remember Miss Piggy fascinated me as a character because she so unabashedly believed in herself, her beauty, size, style and talent - even though she is a pig, an animal or character which definitely gets more negative than positive publicity. And is mostly used as the prototyp for being fat - obviously one of the worst things you can be in the kiddy and adolescent universe.

Although she is also portrayed as vain and self-obsessed, I found her total assertiveness in being pink, plump and the most fabulous pig girl on the planet always incredibly motivating and inspiring.

Did my imagination do overboard? Am I maybe nuts?
What are your opinions?

Latest posts

Back