More to Love TV Show

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rowan

wickedly delicious
I had to change the channel 13 minutes in because I couldnt stand all the crying right off the bat, the shoes those women wore looked like they were killing them, and some tried way too hard out of the gate and seemed far too fake.

Dont think i'll be picking up this show as a habit!

MickeyFFA

I just finished the first episode and honestly I kind of liked it. Well more like I didn't hate it with a passion. Yeah it was flawed and I found the whole "lets post everyone's weight" thing to be extremely unnecessary but as stated before it's a reality show, folks. How many do you walk away from thinking "wow that was totally worth an hour of my time!"

The women were whiny and I'm sure the producers purposely chose ones with low self esteem. But since it's a "reality" show, a lot of women really do feel the way they do and have had similar experiences. Especially since the majority of fat women out there haven't found Dimensions and probably don't know that FAs even exsist.

I found Luke to be a really enjoyable and genuine guy. Or maybe I just found him extremely attractive haha. Either way I'll probably continue watching just because it's so rare to see such a hottie on TV.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
Watched it.

It's way too ambivalent for my blood. It wouldn't appeal to me if it was like an orgy, but all this "It's the inside that counts only" bullcrap is just that: Bullcrap. Comments like that are so cliche when it comes to larger people, and I am not happy to see them again.

There was a lot of hysterical comments thrown around too.

pennswim

Just watched it, and I definitely think that it was a little over the top with the crying and some of the girls did seem desperate. However, I bet that as the show goes on the really desperate girls will get eliminated because simply put, desperation is not the most attractive trait in a partner.

FOX does edit weight to be the scapegoat for all of the contestants problems and the focus of their commentary, but at least it's a step in the right direction towards size acceptance (the contestants aren't trying to lose weight, at least :rolleyes:)

I think that it's necessary to support shows like this, moving towards the direction of size acceptance, and maybe someday it will be a reality.

In the meantime, as an American, redblooded, FA I will keep watching because the girls are absolutely gorgeous. :D

superodalisque

i generally don't watch reality shows because i find them depressing and small minded in general. but i really tried to watch this show. i think it will have some valuable stuff come out of it but its not for me. it just reminds me so much of all the pathology that i see already. unfortunately the only real part of the show was a lot of the crying desperation you see on it. thats how a lot of BBWs really are, even some who portray themselves as being happy go lucky in public. at the moment i think i'm taking a break from all of that and trying to concentrate on some more positive stuff and spend more time with people who actually like who they are and who other people are too. i don't think it makes anybody bad who feels like that but it can be wearing if you see it and hear it too much. in order to be really sensitive and patient with people sometimes you just gotta take a break. otherwise you turn into an asshole with people you really should be nicer to.

its like a lot of the other reality shows that i find myself watching 5 minutes of and shutting off. just a whole lot of artificial weirdness that seems to make everybody involved look like they are a basket case. there is the "nice " guy who likes and respects big women who openly stares at thier asses like he is at the grocery store as they climb the stairs. i love it when a man appreciates and loves a woman's body but that is just a bit much. i know that the producers were probably just trying to show that they were truly desireable to them. but it also looked disrespectful. it made me wish they could have found another way to illustrate that other than making the women look like just bigger pieces of meat. maybe they could have just panned the camera lovingly over them to show that yeah, this is a beautiful woman to anybody. i'm also uncomfortable with the way it seems that on most reality shows its ok to have your lips all over each other before you know one another's names well. how can you have a good kiss without any real emotion behind it? are kisses like handshakes now? sorry i'm old fashioned ;)

it would be nice if an equal number of males and females or at least 2 big groups so that everyone has a chance and people don't end up feeling like a big loser in an artificial environment where only one person is the focus. thats odd too. nobody believes all of these girls are truly interested in that one guy. that just doesn't happen in real life. i think that its especially important for big girls that people learn there is more than just this one eccentric guy who is also fat himself ( not a bad thing but why is it that only another fat person is the one who could possibly love us) who find them attractive. i don't think its the case but in a way it looked more like he was looking for more of an enabler than a woman. it was somewhat implied that he was just looking for somebody who would let him eat and be fat comfortably and that he was resorting to fat girls because they were the only ones who'd tolerate that *sigh*. i probably read too much into that but i felt it when i watched.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for everybody on there even though it is very warped and fake like all things artificial trying to mirror the real. its sad but i think that the show about Ruby is waaay more positive. she seems happier and more centered than a whole lot of women who are fat you usually see on t.v. its a shame that people who are planning on keeping thier weight(?) aren't just as upbeat and positive on the whole.

Davastav

I stumbled onto this show just by chance and caught the 2nd half of the show. I must admit that I was intrigued to see a bachelor show who happens to be a BHM to get to select from 20 BBWs..I thought this could be really cool actually...Here is my review:

First of all, the mere fact that Fox Executives green-lighted this concept to actually get put into production and ultimately broadcast on primetime is significant..Its just another example of how the mainstream media is going after the that large audience that there is for a reality show like this...Most of the whining and self-esteem issues that most of the women appear to have is actually probably not so far off from real life...Ask any of the Dims members are reading this post who haven't felt some sort of negative acceptance over size in their lives. But after awhile the crying began to get annoying for me...Oh and finally, the continual list of the ladies stats (height and weight) kind of gets old pretty fast - I dont know if I am offended by it since the producers are using it as part of the gimmick of the show.

Finally - this is reality tv - which is scripted and designed to be ridiculously melodramatic - next week there are undoubtedly going to be BBW arguments at the mansion....the show does not appeal to anyone who is looking for something more cerebral....

BarbBBW

Yep, I am BACK!
my hubby is GLUED to the TV watching this show, he is in his glory and all worked up over the women on there haha

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
It's nice to see a group of gorgeous, bigger girls. I have no desire to watch the series, but they're stunning women.

benzdiesel

I've never been interested in "reality" tv because it's so unrealistic, but... I admit I've kind of got half an antenna turned towards this one. Even if the presentation of the people involved is a bit skewed towards the dramatic or the desperate... you have to realize, that's coming from the perspective of those of us here who already realize that ordinary people who walk among us daily on the streets and in the cities, the ordinary people we drive past in our cars every day -- are just as capable of loving fatter people as thin ones.

But look at the audience. Most of those people in the cars and on the streets, who are the ones watching this show -- have spent their entire lives being told, and believing wholeheartedly, that fatness and love can't POSSIBLY go together except in the case of twisted, freaky people who ought to be committed to a rubber room.

Yes, there are some who have broken that pattern. I'm using sweeping generalizations, as is my bad habit, to make my more reasonable point. A MAJOR part of the reality tv watching club has never even considered the possibility that fat people are beautiful and deserve love too. So to those people... this initial "shock" treatment -- despite the fact that it's somewhat insulting on the surface -- is going to be a fairly valuable and arguably necessary first step towards a larger awareness of the real issues and the real people involved here.

My point, in a nutcase, is that the only reason we think the portrayal of these people is insulting or shallow is that we're already thinking about it all at a higher level than most of the skinny plebes that will be watching the show. What we do here is very valuable to each other, and it's very valuable to those relatively few lives we're able to affect around us by what we say and how we live. But... and please don't anybody be insulted by this or think I'm demeaning anyone's efforts -- we aren't exactly mainstream here. The organizations that support size acceptance as well as simple "fat acceptance" are working their extra-large butts off to deliver the message that non-size-zero people are NOT in fact the scourge of the Earth -- and they're doing an admirable job for as far as they can reach, but by simple physics their reach isn't yet as great as that which a FOX "reality" show probably has. And if this misrepresentation opens a few of the minions' eyes to the fact that size acceptance and fat love are legitimate concepts in the world, THEN they'll be able to look into it and make a better decision.

Yes, I'm being painfully optimistic compared to the actual situation here. But... it's a way of looking at it that doesn't villainize the entire show before it even gets off the ground. So from that perspective... although things rarely work out this conveniently, I'm tentatively hopeful that this will make a few more million people aware of the fact that the majority mentality out there isn't the only way to be.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
While I was in and out of the living room as I did some evening chores last night, my wife was flipping channels, looking for something to watch. She paused to watch a couple of minutes of More to Love, and noted the ridiculous putting up of each woman’s height and weight, that they seemed to have deliberately selected rather desperate sounding woman, and that while many of them were in the same height and weight range as her, none of them looked like her—that is pear shaped. That last item was odd, there were lots of bosomy women and some hour glasses, but no pears. Beyond that, they all seemed to be some variety of caucasion from what I saw?

Later, while I was waiting for the local forecast to come up on the weather network I caught some of the ‘ring ceremony’ where he chose which women would stay for another week. I noticed that of the women who were not selected, they gave tons of screen time to one really weepy melodramatic woman, but none at all to another who seemed rather matter of fact about the whole thing. Overall it gave the real impression that the producers really wanted to play up the “fat women have no dates and are desperate” stereotype. Which should really make dating lots easier for bigger women out in the real world.

The other thought I had was that were I fourteen years old right now, I’d be freaking desperate to watch this show (without letting anyone know I wanted to watch it, of course). I wonder how many young FA are going to be fantasizing about this show?

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
Back in the 70s you'd hear a lot of grousing:mad: that it was a 'meat market' at the new 'BBW dances' due to the ratio and this is way more tragic:( with a 5% chance of a 'victory' which is dubious at best. I like the tall Goth chick with the tattoo.:wubu: Did our 26yr-old Real Estate Tycoon:rolleyes: kick the Rocket Scientist out of the mansion already?:eek: I always had a Rocket Scientist fetish.:blush: That sucked that the ladies had to give the diamond rings back.:doh:

curvluver

I watched the show last night, and felt while it wasn't a complete train wreck, I don't think I'll be gluing myself to the tube to watch it. I found most of the women to be really whiny, and if I was the lucky gentlemen having to date these 20 beautiful women, I would definitely not want to date somebody who was whining the whole time. I'd rather be with somebody who is confident, and happy with themselves.

Having said that, it was a nice change to see some big beautiful women on television (and that may be the only reason I'll be tuning in down the road).

kayrae

doot doot doot
I agree! How many girls said they'd never been on a date? I was like forreals?!?!!!

curvluver

I agree! How many girls said they'd never been on a date? I was like forreals?!?!!!
When I saw that on the show (with her tears a-flowin') I thought to myself if you've never been on a date then I don't think it's only your weight. I felt really bad for that girl, but I figured she has to have some other issues which I'm sure we'll find more about as the show goes on...

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Who knew that Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuke is the LAST MAN ON EARTH WHO WOULD DATE A FAT WOMAN........and, yes, they are women, Luke...not...girls.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke is all any fat woman could hope for.

Well, I guess I will just live vicariously through those oh so lucky women.

barf

Latest posts