• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My thoughts on a movie from a couple years ago

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willamena31

New Attitude!!
I'm sure this has probly been talked about before, but I'm new here, and just thought I would give my thoughts on the movie Shallow Hal. I just watched it again last night for the 4th time. I think it's a sweet and funny movie, but some of the things just get to me.

Like the scene where Hal and Rosie first meet and go out to eat and the chair legs buckle under her weight!!! And when they're in that fancy restaurant and the booth breaks??? Or, when she's at his office and his friends offer her a piece of cake, and she takes almost all of it!! I mean, I know they're just doing that for the laughs, but come on!! Really!!! I'm much bigger than that girl who is Gwenyth's body double, and there is no way I would break a metal chair or a booth, and I may like to eat, but I would never be able to eat as much as they show her eating!!!

Oh, and then there's the outfits she wears. I'm sorry, but any big woman that is as self concious <(spelling??) about her weight as Rosie is "supposed" to be in this movie would not wear half the things she does. Like for instance, going to a public pool and wearing a bikini?????????? I could see someone who doesn't care what others thinks of them and has enough self confidence doing that, but Rosie would not!! Also the outfit she wears to her parents house... come on now, if she thought that bad about herself as she claims to she would never ever wear a half shirt and daisy dukes!!

For some reason those parts just bother me, I guess it's just my experiences, I just know with all the self esteem problems I used to have and everything, I would never have been caught dead wearing half the things she wore.

I know it's just a movie, and the point behind it is to see someone for what's on the inside, but they still took pot shots at big women in my opinion. I don't know, I can't seem to get out what I feel about this movie, I really do love the story, but I could've done without all the fat stereotypes, ya know what I mean?

Anyone else care to share thier opinions??

Hugggsss!!
Billie Jo

Latest posts

Back