• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Mystery weight gain? See a doctor (please)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
Hi folks,

Haven't been around in some time. I woke up Easter morning in horrible pain and went to the ER. They discovered, via CAT scan, a massive ovarian tumor. Apparently the tumor shifted and began pressing against my internal organs. So in several ways I am lucky, as if it had gotten any bigger apparently it could have done severe and permanent damage.

I had to have a partial hysterectomy (fortunately they were able to save one ovary) and of course the tumor had to be removed. It weighed 40 pounds. Fortunately it was benign.

I had been gaining weight (so I thought) around my midsection when I had always been pear shaped. I did not go to the doctor as I figured he would just tell me to eat less, exercise more. I had been doing karate for a year and had lost some weight, but none in the midsection. I also was not in pain, until I was.

Abdominal surgery blows. It just does. I was in so much pain I was sure I would die. I was in the hospital in excess of 2 weeks. (Aside - I cannot BELIEVE anyone willingly subjects themselves to any kind of abdominal surgery including WLS, tummy tucks, lap band and whatever else is out there). OMG. I cried for my mommy. Even with a morphine pump. I would have had to had surgery anyway, but if it had been caught earlier it would have been much less invasive. I now also have a lovely scar from right under my breast bone to right above my pubic bone.

Anyway, if you start gaining weight for no reason, please go to the doctor, even if you're fat. (The ER doctor said "You are not fat - you have a tumor.")
At whatever weight I am at now, I totally disagree that I am "not fat" but having lost 40 lbs when they removed the tumor plus whatever I lost not eating anything for 2 weeks (hospital food - blech) I am a lot less fat than I was.

Latest posts

Back