• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Need the imput of folks for upcoming comic

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gozer-the-destroyor

Greetings and salutations, Denizens of Dimensions. I’m currently working on a size-positive superhero comic series, and I am in need of critical imput of writers who would be interested in lending their expertise my way. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not able to write dialogue in the way that I want the comic to sound and I need help.

Overview
The comic is called “Tropica.” It’s based on a small, Hawaii-like island called Moa and stars Kei, an overweight but athletic young woman and her thin friend, Mahi. When Kei, through a series of events, discovers an ancient phial that allows her to become a 15 foot tall water elemental, who she calls “Mona,” she decides to use her powers to become a guardian; to use her powers wherever they are needed, and soon realizes that she may even have to unite an island threatened by impending war. But the phial holds secrets of its own, and Kei soon realizes that using her new powers may have put a curse on her that could put the whole island in jeopardy, which is cause for people to want her dead.

Motivation
Let’s face it: Blob isn’t exactly a character to look up to, and Big Burtha isn't really even fat. Gert died and was replaced by thin people and if trends hold, she probably won’t come back, and Bouncing Boy is so obscure that I didn't even know he existed. Fat people in comics are primarily used as physical gags and stereotypes, and I want to counter that trend.

This isn’t just about fat people, though; it’s about everyone. Comics tend to encourage their artists to draw people with similar builds because it saves them time, but the effect this has on the impressionable people who read them isn’t hard to see. The fact is that not everyone’s a model and this is how comics are portrayed. Diversity has to be encouraged and the comic portrays characters of every body type.

I need help because I want the dialogue to be both light and deep at the right times, and nothing I have written sounds right. I’d also like to say that I was able to collaborate with someone because when this. It’s going to be huge (no pun intended). Size acceptance is implied, not blurted out. There’s going to be a whole universe to this series and I need help to bring it to life.

I’m probably doing this at the worst possible time of my life: I’m broke, and currently trying to get a job. I can’t promise to pay anyone, but to the two or three people who are still reading, I hope to spark some kind of relationship that will carry this comic past the planning stages, where it’s been sitting and collecting dust under my procrastination and indecisiveness for ages.

So, if you’re interested, I’d like to know!

It's important to note that THIS IS NOT an expansion comic. While the hero is shapely and well-endowed (and I feel it's worth mentioning that so are many other, thinner heroines), the comic has a story. While we’ll probably find her very attractive, many won’t, and I want to at least have the story and other characters there to hook as many readers as I can on different levels, which is why I think dialogue and story are so important.

I also want to thank you for activating my account - I can tell I'm going to like it here.

Latest posts

Back