• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

October Accept Help Challenge!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

there was a great discussion goin on in the "accepting of love?" thread on this forum. http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64624

womanforconversation had this great idea and i'd like to challenge everyone to try it just for the month of october and see what happens. quote:

" I did this experiment about a year ago, where for a whole month I made myself accept ALL help that was offered to me -- no matter if I really felt like I needed it or not. Like, if I'm carrying some grocery bags or something and a friend says, "Need help with that?" I would just let him/her carry some of them, even if I felt I could actually do it on my own. And the same would apply for non-tangible help.

It actually was kind of a helpful exercise -- though just a step along the way. Because ideally I'd like to be able to ask for help more often, when I need it, not just receive it when it's offered. But moving from "turning down all help that is offered" to "receiving some help when it's offered" is a postive move, in my book.

I think I'm going to try that experiment again for October; and I do really feel like it's connected to accepting love. For me it all comes down to being willing to be vulnerable, and love is a deep state of vulnerability. "

its scary. i think in a way we all sort feel we have to do everything on our own. we are afraid there will be conditions and expectations placed on us if we accept help. or maybe we think people won't look at us as being self sufficient? but what if it changed our lives in some way immeasureably to show that trust to someone to allow them to help us. what would it do to us if we found out that its not such a bad idea to take the help that is offered.

so i'd like to propose a challenge for the month of october for us to accept help that comes our way. i think it will be neat to post our experiences and what those experiences mean to us. do you think you could give this a try in the name of personal growth? i'm going it try myself and i know it will be really hard for me. but it will be interestig to see what happens. will it be hard for you too?

Latest posts

Back