• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Out of Africa-(Travelog with a lot of big pictures) Pt. 1

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
I was fortunate enough to travel to Tanzania and Zanzibar for work. It was a job that was grueling, frustrating, painful, sometimes luxurious and ultimately rewarding. I wanted to share the experience. I hope you enjoy the images that I brought back.
(Yes, I could have posted a link, but then I couldn't add the running commentary!)

1Kilicopy.jpg
A view of Kilimanjaro from the patio of my room. "...as wide as all the world, great, high, and unbelievably white in the sun..." Hemingway was quite accurate in his description.

2Ngoro.jpg
Ngorongoro crater which is the world's largest unbroken, unflooded volcanic caldera. Aside from herds of zebra, gazelle, and wildebeest, the crater is home to the "big five" of rhinoceros, lion, leopard, elephant, and buffalo. The crater plays host to almost every individual species of wildlife in East Africa, with an estimated 25,000 animals within the crater. Once we started this job/journey we didn't stay in the same lodge for more than a nite.

7elephants.jpg

75elephant.jpg

8zebra.jpg

9Maasai.jpg

Maasai villagers. The hut behind them is made from timber poles and then plastered with a mix of mud, sticks, grass, cow dung and urine, and ash. The enkaji is small, measuring about 3m x 5m and standing only 1.5m high. Within this space the family cooks, eats, sleeps, socializes and stores food, fuel and other household possessions.
10Maasaiwoman.jpg

The people we met were very friendly, had a very noble character and impressed me as forthright.

11Balloon.jpg
Arriving before dawn, we packed our camera gear into a 16 person basket and waited for the wind...once airborn, the earth drifted away quietly and softly. The Serengeti spread out below us like a great banquet.

4giraffe.jpg
3GiraffeAbbey.jpg

A giraffe and her calf. The second picture makes me think of a Serengeti Abbey Road.

End of Pt. 1

Latest posts

Back