• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

PETA Ad Banned From Super Bowl

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Someone here sent me this article and asked that i post it. He was bothered that it claimed that people who eat meat are "fat, sick and boring in bed" I don't want to put words in his mouth, but i'm thinking he feels that it was meant that because a person is FAT that they're boring in bed.

I think that there was definitely a slur against fat people in there, but i personally think that it was more aimed towards all meat eaters in general, fat OR thin...but i could be wrong :)

Here's the article

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0661297/

Pamela Anderson and Pink's favourite animal rights group PETA's latest TV ad has been blocked from debuting during the Super Bowl telecast on Sunday - because it's too naughty. The saucy commercial, aimed at encouraging sportsmen and women to go veggie, features lingerie-clad models caressing broccoli spears and kissing a pumpkin.

But bosses at TV network NBC, the channel airing the big game, have ruled the ad is too too racy for Super Bowl audiences, and they've benched the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals' (PETA) commercial.

NBC Universal vice president of advertising standards, Victoria Morgan, states, "The PETA spot submitted to Advertising Standards depicts a level of sexuality exceeding our standards."

But PETA bosses contend the 30-second spot, which carries the message, "Studies Show: Vegetarians Have Better Sex", should never have been axed - and they fear there's another reason behind the ban.

Group Senior Vice President Lisa Lange says, "PETA designed the commercial to add balance to the traditional onslaught of Super Bowl commercials for meaty, greasy, and factory-farmed fast food, including those run by KFC. The fast-food giant is a major NBC sponsor, and a target of heavy PETA campaigning as a result of its failure to reform cruel animal welfare practices and slaughter methods.

"PETA is asking if this relationship could have something to do with NBC's decision to nix the group's ad.

"PETA's veggie ads are locked out while ads for fried chicken and burgers are allowed - even though these foods make Americans fat, sick, and boring in bed."

PETA spokesman Michael McGraw adds, "The bottom line is, the ad is a fun, tongue-in cheek way of calling attention to the healthy, sexy, and humane reasons for switching to a vegetarian diet."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back