• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Post your favorite pasta salad recipe.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie

It's summer, and I love pasta salad more than life itself. This recipe is one my mom used to make when I was a kid, and I made some last night - it's as good as I remember.

Creamy Dill Pasta Salad

Boil 1 pound of shaped pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.

While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables and herbs and mix dressing in large bowl:

4 T chopped green onion
2 C diced cucumber
1/2 C mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
1/2 C sour cream (regular or low-fat is fine, or you can do half sour cream, half plain yogurt for extra zing)
3 tsp. lemon juice
2 T finely minced fresh dillweed
1/2 C finely chopped dill pickle
3 tsp. salt
a bit of pepper

Add rinsed pasta to the above mixture, mix together, and let chill overnight before serving.

And my modifications, because I'm a total spazz in the kitchen - I realized just now that I accidentally left out the green onion (d'oh!) and quadrupled the amount of finely chopped dill pickle. It's still really good, though.

I used pickling cucumbers on purpose - you know, those cute little cukes? - because I think they taste better than regular, aren't waxed, and have more green skin, which makes it prettier. Also, my pasta of choice for this is shells, because I love the way you can get like four shells packed into each other. I'm easily pleased.

If you like cream and dill, you'll love this. If you're not a dill fan, skip this.

Next, please. :)

Latest posts

Back