• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Prader-Willi Syndrome

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwideland

I watch an informative program a few nights back about some young people who had Prader-Willi Syndrome, this is a complex condition, but when the kids are about 2 or 3 they start a binge behavior that is almost unstoppable, the need to eat all the time, the reason is that they always feel hungry with hunger pains as if starving. They had three people a boy of about 12 and a girl about the same age and a guy about 20, The younger boy was 17 stone the girl about 15 and the guy about 31 stone, or 433 lbs. The show showed how each family dealt with the condition, they had to lock food away and control the access to food all the time, as they would steal food, beg from others and so on. The risk is that people with the syndrome will eat themself to death if left untreated.

I saw a story in the US of a woman that was charged with neglect when her daughter died from being too fat, she was 13 and weight something like 795 lbs if I recall correctly, I wonder if she was a Prader-Willi Syndrome suffer and that was left out of the reports?

BWL.

Latest posts

Back