• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Preference for BBW Friendship?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candy_Coated_Clown

When it comes to friendship with other women, do you have a preference for friendships with other bbws?

As for myself, I am not sure if I can say I have a definite preference because preference for this can indicate so many things and I really enjoy quality friendships period if there's a chance to develop them with very cool women regardless of size, race, whatever. I'm totally open. I think it's important for both women and men to find and make friends with people of their gender. There are some things that same sex friendships offer than opposite sex friendships don't and can't.

One can argue that only wanting to be friends with other fat friends is a mark of insecurity or dependency. Maybe in some cases it can be, if the preference is very driven and exclusive, but maybe it also means that some bbws really want a friend to relate to on various levels - other women who understand size discrimination and all of the issues that go with being a larger woman. That's not all we are, but it does bleed into so many facets of one's self-perception, world view and even socio-political experiences.

It might be similar to the desire that many have to relate to those of the same racial or ethnic background, not out of a need to feel racially superior or judgmental, but to form bonds with those who have similar mindsets and "speak the same language".

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back