• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Professional Issues & Weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBW4Chattery

I work in healthcare. I'm great at what I do and am fairly well educated for my field. I attended a number 2 school in the nation for one of my graduate degrees. This isn't to brag at all... just to say, I'm confident in my knowledge (current and historical evolution) of my field -- human development.

Yet, I'm a fat girl. Bounce between 275lbs and 300lbs the last 3-4 years. My issue seems to arise when discussing nutrition with clients. Today, for whatever reason, it broke me. A client who has argued before... multiple times... for his fad diet. Each time, I validate his efforts, congratulate him on his success, but reiterate that I do NOT support that because I have not seen it as supported by research.

He fights me. He never calls me fat. He never says, "what do you know, Cow, if you knew, you wouldn't be obese." It's just his tone. I just know it's floating back there and it makes me wonder who else might take this approach with me. I'm wondering, out loud now, if my weight affects my ability to be professionally accepted by my clients.

Anyone in a similar situation? Any advisement?

Latest posts

Back