Reactions and Observations From a "Mismatched" Couple

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Lol, what does that even means, "mischatched couples" in that said context??
The use of quotes is a nod to the mainstream norms that people have “leagues” and generally date within their league. Furthermore it’s a nod to the notion that fat women are not as valued by mainstream society and still experience a lot of discrimination and prejudice even as we’ve taken to accepting literally everything else around us. Hence their “league” is “lower” and if they’re dating someone perceived to be above it’s a mismatch.

Again, use of quotes is significant because it’s not the way I personally feel so much as my observation of how our culture treats this.

John Smith

The use of quotes is a nod to the mainstream norms that people have “leagues” and generally date within their league. Furthermore it’s a nod to the notion that fat women are not as valued by mainstream society and still experience a lot of discrimination and prejudice even as we’ve taken to accepting literally everything else around us. Hence their “league” is “lower” and if they’re dating someone perceived to be above it’s a mismatch.

Again, use of quotes is significant because it’s not the way I personally feel so much as my observation of how our culture treats this.

That's preposterous...

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
That's preposterous...
What is? The notion that a man may consider it doing me a favor to date/be seen with me? Oh that is all too real for when it comes to some of the men I have known...
That's what I've always taken this thread to be about. Attitudes....and how people are silly enough to believe that others don't know their "secret" thoughts/feelings. The quotes are mockery...and not of his wife.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
That's preposterous...
What is?

1) my assessment of cultural values or

2) the cultural values themselves?

What is? The notion that a man may consider it doing me a favor to date/be seen with me? Oh that is all too real for when it comes to some of the men I have known...
That's what I've always taken this thread to be about. Attitudes....and how people are silly enough to believe that others don't know their "secret" thoughts/feelings. The quotes are mockery...and not of his wife.
Exactly. The whole premise of this thread is the idea of values and attitudes toward a class of people and how they react when they see someone defy those values.

Latest posts

Group builder