Recipe Requests Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I know I could just google or look at a popular recipe website but I prefer to have recipes from people that have tried them already so I know they'll be good. ;)

Everyone can feel free to posts their recipe requests here, but I have two to get things started lol

One- pea soup (which I think I actually did see in the soup thread). Preferably one like Grandma would make. Basic and simple but filling and delicious.

Also- flourless chocolate cake.

Anybody?

Thanks!

Esther

Queen Black Acid
I hear ya. When I browse online, I'm sometimes afraid to use the recipes because there is no one around to personally vouch for them.
This may sound stupid, but I've been looking for a good peanut butter cookie recipe for years. Every recipe I've found turns out so bland and floury-tasting, they NEVER call for enough peanut butter. Sometimes I'll double the peanut butter for the hell of it, and even then I just taste the flour.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
My mom and grandmother used to make a no-flour peanut butter cookie that was super yummy. I don't have the recipe, but I found this one on AllRecipes.com that seems to be the same. I would probably follow some of the comments listed and make it with a little less sugar as well as using substituting brown sugar for some of the white.

Ingredients

* 2 cups peanut butter
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
With meat or vegetarian?

I know I could just google or look at a popular recipe website but I prefer to have recipes from people that have tried them already so I know they'll be good. ;)

Everyone can feel free to posts their recipe requests here, but I have two to get things started lol

One- pea soup (which I think I actually did see in the soup thread). Preferably one like Grandma would make. Basic and simple but filling and delicious.

Also- flourless chocolate cake.

Anybody?

Thanks!

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
I've been making/preparing several indian dishes lately, which have all been vegetarian. While I still consider myself carnivorous, I won't select a recipe just because it was ham or bacon in it. :)

I'm hoping you mean for the pea soup? ;) Meat is fine. My grandmother made hers with ham and it was scrumptious :eat2:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I've been making/preparing several indian dishes lately, which have all been vegetarian. While I still consider myself carnivorous, I won't select a recipe just because it was ham or bacon in it. :)
oh. ok. ....................................

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
Easiest peanut butter cookie recipe ever!!

For each batch (about a dozen cookies) :

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together, refrigerate for an hour, roll into balls, slightly flatten, bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

:D Yummy!

Sugar

Easiest peanut butter cookie recipe ever!!

For each batch (about a dozen cookies) :

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together, refrigerate for an hour, roll into balls, slightly flatten, bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

:D Yummy!
Sunnie is really the cookie queen. She needs to open a cookie shop. Just sayin'

sunnie1653

LOL!!!! I'm getting my Grandma's cookie recipe box after the Holidays. This is worth more than gold. :D

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Thanks! I never trusted no-flour recipes but I tried it and you guys were right... perfect peanut butter cookies. And leaving the flour out completely certainly solved the problem of the cookies tasting floury :p

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
Here is a recipe that I have used for pea soup and it is a keeper. It is delicious. I take about 25% of the soup out when completed and the ham bone, use my stick blender to smooth the rest, and then add the chunky part back in. Then add in the ham meat and heat thru. That is a personal preference. I just pulled this recipe out yesterday so that I can make it soon.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Uncle-Bills-Green-Split-Pea-With-Hambone-Soup-79563

sunnie1653

Thanks! I never trusted no-flour recipes but I tried it and you guys were right... perfect peanut butter cookies. And leaving the flour out completely certainly solved the problem of the cookies tasting floury :p
Glad you liked them! The only crappy part is, I always have the stuff in the house for them.. so its all too easy to whip up a batch of them. LOL!