• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Recipes from the food pics thread.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Since we all often want recipes from various pics posted in the Everyday Food thread, I thought I'd start one.

This recipe is for Chili Stacks (pictures here) and it's a hella pot full because I either freeze half the sauce for next time or make two and share one with friends. I also usually make the sauce a day or two ahead of time because it's easier to put together when the sauce isn't bubbling hot. This will make two 4 or 5 quart casseroles.

Sauce:

Oil for pan. I use my 10 qt soup pot.
2 onions, chopped
Minced garlic (you know how much you like, I like lots.)
1 lb spicy ground pork (or use plain and adjust seasonings a little)
2 lbs lean ground beef
3 15 oz cans good diced tomatoes
2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
Chili powder, 3 Tbsp or more
Cumun, 1 ½ Tbsp or more
Red pepper flakes to taste
Oregano, 1 Tbsp
Basil 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste

Grated medium to sharp cheddar, Tillamook is a good choice if you have it.
1 c grated Mozzaralla
Tortillas, flour ones work best as corn ones don't really get soft enough.

Heat the oil in your big soup pot on medium, throw in onions and saute a bit, then add garlic and saute until onions start to color a bit. Crumble in your sausage and let it brown off a little before adding hamburger. (I use my Mom's old squiggly potato masher to make sure it's all broken up and well combined. It's a lot easier than a spoon with that much meat in a deep pot). When all the meat has lost it's pink, dump in all the tomato products plus a couple 15 oz cans of water. Stir it all up, lower the heat a little and let it simmer for an hour or so, stirring occasionally. Now start seasoning. I was a little vague because I'm a dumper, not a measurer. Start with what was listed and after it's simmered for about an hour more, taste and add what ever you think it needs more of. Cumin can be bitter if you overdo, so add in tsp increments after the first Tbsp. The hubby likes it spicy but if you don't leave out the pepper flakes.

I let the sauce cool overnight for ease of layering so the next day I set up my assembly line. Two large casseroles, several cups of pre-grated cheddar in the bag, a stack of tortillas that I've trimmed to fit the straight sided casseroles I have (save the trimmings). Put a little sauce in the bottom of each dish. Lay on a tortilla, filling large open spaces with more torn up tortilla if necessary. Add a thin layer of sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheddar. Add another tortilla layer and press a little to get the air out. Sauce, cheese, tortilla, press. repeat ending with sauce until the dishes are nearly full. Then I use the trimmed tortilla scraps (or make scraps) to scatter on top and add a last layer of cheddar and the mozzarella because it looks so pretty. At this point you can bake at 350° until hot, bubbly and golden on top or cover and refrigerate (or even freeze). You cook at the same temp from the fridge but I would let it thaw first if it's frozen.

When you bake it the stack should stand for about 15 minutes after it comes out of the oven or it won't cut worth a dang.

Latest posts

Back