• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Regarding FA's and Guilt

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edens_heel

I discovered this thread in the weight board:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35529

Now, Fachad brought up some interesting queries about things he was struggling with, but one post by FA Man Stan in particular shone a harsh light on something that I really haven't seen discussed too much - the question of guilt in being an FA. To quote Stan:

"The hardest thing about my wife getting WLS is that I felt it was yet another insult to my preference for being attracted to fat women, one of many insults I’ve endured my entire life. I never wanted to be attracted to something that a woman hated about herself. This was just one more thing reinforcing what a pervert I am for being attracted to fat women, a condition they themselves don’t like. I had no problem with my wife making a decision like this about her body; she is the one who ultimately pays the price for decisions about her health. She didn’t need to ask me for permission to get WLS, as a matter of fact, she didn’t. There were many things she consulted other people about in the past to the disregard of my opinion; this was just one more thing. I can live with that. The one thing I will never accept is the culture of weight loss, and the fictitious belief that loosing weight is the end all to good health. Most people who have WLS discover this to their chagrin sooner or later. Health problems related to being heavy are replaced with health problems related to having WLS. Sometimes, high blood pressure returns even if the weight is kept off. This is what I’ve read, and observed. WLS is just a physical means of "behavior modification". You eat bad stuff, you barf. WLS doesn't teach a person how to be healthy. The stomach eventually readapts, often times WLS patients can even drink sodas again after a few years. I will even go a step further. In my opinion, I think WLS surgeons will eventually find their rightful place in history along side doctors who performed lobotomies.

"This is where you are headed my friend. You will have to help your wife through her post-surgery adjustment period; let me put it this way, episodes of not feeling good, lots of diarrhea and barfing. This decision she unilaterally made will affect you in many ways. She will probably want to go to a WLS support group after her surgery. She may very well ask you to go along. You are probably going to ask yourself, “Why should I?” People will congratulate your wife on all the weight she has lost. They will look at you and expect you to be happy, perhaps even ask “Aren’t you proud of her?” They will say, “Doesn’t she look so much younger!?” You will learn how to answer people with a silent smile. Your wife will meet other people who have had WLS, they will exchange Splenda recipes (Splenda is a form of chlorine BTW… “No known adverse health effects” does not necessarily mean “healthy”.) Your wife may eventually discover those fat free potato chips, and perhaps not tell you that she purchased a bag for the both
of you. If you have an unexplained case of diarrhea for a week… you now know why. Your wife will rapidly loose weight and she will have to purchase new clothing. She will eventually get down to a size where she can purchase clothing in “regular” stores. She will tell you how horrible it was being fat and how she couldn’t watch “real fashion shows” where the clothing fit her. All this because she was fat… a condition you found to be attractive. What a pervert you are. What a pervert I am. I remember ("back when she was fat") how happy my wife would be when she found a new store where the clothing fit her; she used to go shopping with her other fat friends. I didn’t know those times were so horrible for her. Sometimes I wish the FA inside of me would just go away and die. Maybe it already has… good riddance.

"Having “the weight” being gone from your wife’s body is only a fraction of what you are going to go through Fachad, only a fraction."

To clarify: I am an FA, I am proud of this, and I love my partner very much, and would love her just as much if she was not a stunningly gorgeous BBW. But I wonder how many FA's, those of us who are FA's because we love every aspect of extra weight on a woman or man and not because we are fetishizing them, have struggled with guilt over their problems.

I am a firm believer that being an FA is no different than any other preference, be it for blondes, brunettes, tall, short, black, white, etc. Yes, it is fetishized for some, but for most of us it feels exactly like any preference. But with one small caveat: forgetting everything that pop culture, media, family, and friends drills into our minds about fat not being right, weight still has many obstacles in the world, chief among them being the issue of health. Subsequent to that, though, is that for a great many overweight people, regardless of the support and love and devotion they may receive, most still hate their fat and wish it to hell in a handbasket.

So how do you react when your partner tells you that they hate their fat - compeltely and utterly hate it? Those who truly love their partners would of course stand by them and help in any way that they could, but on a personal level, as an FA or FFA, would you feel betrayed or alone on some level that might lead you to feel guilty or "wrong" for liking what it is that you happen to love and lust after? Do you know or think that you might look inward and ask "is there something wrong with my preference?" or that you might feel as if there is a sudden loss of connection between you and your partner? We all crave the idea of having a true love, a partner in crime, but if you are with a BBW or BHM and they truly want to lose their weight no matter what or how you feel about it and try to make them feel about it, do you feel as if your preference is meant to be maligned against on some level?

This is about the identity of an FA / FFA. Has your partners feelings and desires to be part of the "thin is ideal" or "thin is healthy" concept made you question your identity? In such a situation, do you feel that there is nothing external that can validate your identity as an FA?

Latest posts

Back