• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

RIP Michael Jackson, Part II

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Since the last thread got derailed by nasty posts, we're starting anew, and are wanting positive posts. You have something to say that's nasty about Michael, take it to the other thread. You have something nasty to say to another poster, just don't.

To start the thread, I'm bringing over my post from the other thread. Any of you who would like to do the same, you can bring over your (positive) posts, too.

Michael Jackson and I were about the same age. I am 11 days older. I've followed his career since we were both children, and I so liked him when he sang with his brothers, as I did as he grew up and decided to strike out on his own.

I've always loved his music because it never failed to make me want to dance. His ability to dance and move his body in seemingly impossible ways was always such a wonder to behold. I thought he was very handsome and was so disappointed when he started in with the plastic surgery. I was even more disappointed, and angry, when I read account after account of his father's abusive, manipulative ways.

Before I moved to Canada I lived in Santa Maria, CA, which is where his trial was held. My old high school guidance counselor was the foreman of the jury that acquitted him. Mr. Rodriquez was always a fair guy, and I can't believe he was any different when it came to the trial. He had some doubts, but only doubts, not certainty, and in any case he had to go by the law. We don't know that Michael did that, and we don't know that he didn't. Even the jury seemed not to know, but they had to follow the law, and I believe the law in such cases is just, and we would all hope for justice were we the ones in the hot seat. The idea of justice and retribution are often two different things in many minds, depending upon which side of the fence one is standing. I felt, and feel, that if he was guilty he would have deserved whatever he got, and if he wasn't, then what a travesty that was in his life to be falsely accused. I am not unable to believe either that an adult would take advantage of children, or that an adult would use a child -- their child -- for their own gain.

It's not up to me to judge in any case, but when I think of Michael, I prefer to think of his talent and the things he gave the world. Did he cure cancer? No, but he gave millions joy and fun with his talent, and that's no little thing.

Back