• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sad News: Roy Wild has passed away :(

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Hi Everyone,

I thought it was important to make aware the people of Dimensions about the passing of Roy Wild. Not only to inform those who knew and loved them, but to allow others to know that we lost an amazing FA who has been part of the size acceptance movement for over 20++ years.

Roy was the loving husband of Cathy Woods Wild. You probably remember her from modeling with Dimensions many years ago. I believe she was one of the Polka Dot Cuties from that cover issue. She has recently rejoined the online community and posts here as XXXLGBBW with her most recent post telling of how her and Roy would be there for the Dimensions Bash 2009. Not only were they going to attend, but they were going to be part of the skeleton system that will run the bash as a whole. When they heard of the bash, they both were right on board to help as much as they could. It's not everyday you meet people so willing to help without return.

Now I had seen Roy here or there through the years. Mostly long, long ago when I was a teen and just getting into NAAFA. But most recently, I actually spent personal time with him. We had dinners at the NAAFA convention in Needham and we hung out for periods of time at my most recent Labor Day Bash. He would tell the most interesting stories and he was such a genuine guy. Someone you don't get sick of listening to, because his stories were so interesting and fun and he'd tell them like you were seeing through his eyes.

Not only was Roy one amazing guy, he also has some interesting things to note about him. He was retired and became very rich many years ago by creating some crazy patents in the world of engineering. I always said that FAs are so smart, that they all have the potential to be brain surgeons or rocket scientists. Roy proves that theory right. He was brilliant but he didn't brag about his money or his brains. He was your everyday guy who was generous, fun and a good friend to all those in his life.

Another fun thing about Roy is he collected Cadillacs. Cadillacs of all kinds, of all years. He was a fanatic about them and said they were good and comfy for the girls he liked. So I asked him, "So, you have a lot of fattymobiles, eh?" and he was like "Well of course I do, what kind of FA would I be without them?". He was always quick to tell a little joke or funny story. His humor will be one of the things those who knew him will miss.

Roy was very generous in his time and monetary donations over the years to fat acceptance organizations. He gave freely and without question to the things he knew were important to him. He was an absolute FA and he shared his life with two beautiful big ladies that both loved him more then the world. He was constantly thinking of gadgets and ways to make life easier for us fat ladies and was quick to help with anything we needed.

I recently just purchased a minivan on his suggestion. He went on about how he had researched and tried on many minivans and that this was the most fat friendly, because of this and this and this. He was convincing, because I bought that very van and I'm super happy with it. It holds me very well and also totes around my SSBBW passengers without issue. Thanks again Roy! I never did get to show you my new ride.

In closing, let us take a moment to remember Roy and feel the loss of someone amazing from our community. Let us be supportive of his wife Cathy and I hope you'll post here and share something that you knew about Roy or even if you didn't. Maybe something on how someone like Roy touched you in your journey to accept yourself or your preference.

Thank you for reading and may Roy rest in peace in a place where he can drive around a big fat Cadillac :)

Thank You,
Heather

Latest posts

Back