• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sanctuarie Alteration problems?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I ordered a dress from Sanctuarie. The dress is here.

Scroll down and look at the length on the 4X (I wanted it tight). It says 55" unstretched. There's also a note on the page that says "** NOTE: This is a full-length dress; on a person 5'5", it would go down past the ankles."

Now, I'm 5'2". So I want it ankle length, or a tiny bit shorter. So I measure a dress I have made of similar fabric that's the length I want. It's 50" long, and a couple inches above the ankles. Now, taking that into account, AND taking into account what they said about it going down past the ankles on a person who's 5'5", I asked for it to be shortened by 5". I also put a note in the customer comment area that explained what I was trying to achieve, my height, etc. and said if it didn't look like this would be something close to an ankle length dress with the info I provided, to please let me know.

I got the dress in the mail today. It's 39" long, unstretched! :doh: I could wear this thing as a top. It would be SCANDALOUS as a dress.

Also, the v-neck in front comes down practically to my belly button! I know they said the v-neck was low cut, but that's just ridiculous, and that's not at all how it looked on the photos they provided.

*Sigh.* I'd thought I'd found a bash dress I could actually rock - not so much.

I wrote them an e-mail - I hope they make this right. Alteration sales are supposed to be final - but I really don't think this is my error. Can someone chime in?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back