• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Secret Snowflake: A Poll

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you participate in Secret Snowflake this year?

• Yes, I would participate as a sender/receiver

• Yes, but only as a receiver

• No, I would not participate

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisticalMisty

It seems that there is some debate as to whether or not Secret Snowflake should occur this year.

For those newbies, three years ago I started a card exchange at Christmas that was modeled after Jes' Cupid exchange in February.

You can be a sender or a receiver. This is how it has worked in the past. The sender PMs me a list of people they want to send a card to from the boards.

I would pm those people, collect their addresses and let the sender know they could mail their cards to me. I was the only person who had the addresses and I personally hand addressed over 500 cards the first year, 800 cards the 2nd and 1,000 cards last year.

Unfortunately, last year we had some problems with the mail and with cards not arriving to me. I will also admit that there was some book keeping errors on my part. Cards were lost in the mail, arrived past the due date and were misplaced, or I had put the wrong address on them and feelings were left hurt.

Other than that, it's been a successful program that brings cheer to those who need it the most.

You'll never know the amount of messages I've received that said that Secret Snowflake was the only reason they made it through the holidays or that it really made their day to find a card in their mailbox.

I originally started it because I hated the holidays. I was always alone for them and I wanted a way to give back to this community that is so near and dear to my heart. I've never had malicious intent. I've never purposely lost or misplaced cards. Last year was hard for me because I know how expensive it is to buy and send the cards. I apologized then and I'm apologizing again now.

So, after all of that. I just want to know if you would participate in Secret Snowflake if it was available this year. You can vote yes or no in the poll.

Thanks,
Misty

Latest posts

Back